KPC Promise Hospital of OVERLAND PARK: To provide routine nursing care and services that support the care delivered to patients requiring long-term or transitional restorative care, in accordance with the established nursing care procedures and as directed by the supervisor.
Addresses patient and family needs under the direct supervision of licensed personnel.
- Observes and reports patient’s status and needs to appropriate personnel.
- Answers call lights and attend to/reports patient needs.
- Transports patients
- Assists with admissions, transfers and discharges
- Confirm patient identification by use of the identification band prior to administrating treatments, serving meals, etc, as necessary
- Distribute and pick up meal trays
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One to two years nursing assistant experience
- Successful completion of certification program for nursing assistants
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 50% Standing - up to 75% Kneeling - up to 25%
Sitting- up to 25% Pushing - up to 50% Bending - up to 25%
Squatting - up to 25% Pulling - up to 50% Reaching - up to 35%
Lifting - up to 50lbs Wrist/Finger Movements - up to 90%
Mental: Stress Level: Moderate
EXPOSURE RISK:Category I - Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED: B/P cuffs, stethoscope, lifts, telephone, facsimile machine, copier
CERTIFICATIONS:C.N.A. certification, BLS certification