KPC Promise Hospital of PHOENIX: The Case Manager is responsible for coordinating and monitoring day to day operations of the Case Management and Utilization Management programs. He/She directs the activities necessary to ensure appropriate utilization of the Hospital and its resources while maintaining optimal achievable standards of patient care.
- Registered Nurse, graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Must hold a current state license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or healthcare administration preferred
- Three years acute care clinical nursing experience
- Minimum of 1-year Case Management experience
- Additional education in the area of Quality Management and Joint Commission Standards
- Long term acute care and rehabilitation experience is preferred
- Demonstration of leadership, manageability, and the application of interpersonal and principles of supervision and administration
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, as well as possess good verbal and written communications skills
- Good computer skills with minimal guidance
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) preferred
- BLS required
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 15% Standing - up to 15% Kneeling - up to 15%
Sitting - up to 50% Pushing - up to 5% Bending - up to 25%
Squatting - up to 5% Pulling - up to 5% Reaching - up to 10%
Lifting - up to 50lbs Wrist/Finger Movements - up to 90%
Mental: Stress Level: Moderate to high
EXPOSURE RISK: Category II - Jobs in which required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues but which could result in Category 1 exposure.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED: Computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, printer.