KPC Promise Healthcare LLC Overland Park, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
KPC Promise Hospital of OVERLAND PARK: The Pharmacist is responsible for the filling and dispensing of medication orders including the proper handling, usage, and storage of drugs in the pharmacy. He/she is responsible for ordering, supplying and maintaining necessary supplies of drugs to all patient care areas, maintaining standards set by the department, translating policies and procedures in the daily operation of the pharmacy, acting as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug-related information and literature, as well as plans and organizes work schedule of supportive personnel and pharmacists, as required.
- Bachelors degree in pharmacy from an accredited school required
- Must hold a current state license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Pharmacy
- One to three years of pharmacy experience as a registered pharmacist in a hospital preferred
- Basic computer skills with minimal guidance
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 25% Standing - up to 25% Kneeling – up to 20%
Sitting- up to 75% Pushing – up to 10% Bending – up to 25%
Squatting – up to 20% Pulling – up to 10% Reaching – up to 40%
Lifting – up to 30lbs Wrist/Finger Movements – up to 90%
Mental: Stress Level: Moderate to high
EXPOSURE RISK:Category II - Jobs in which required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues but which could result in Category 1 exposure.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED: Vent flow hood, medication dispense system, crash cart, miscellaneous medical equipment, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, printers, computers