Heavy Equipment Service Manager - to $130k
Immediate consideration for candidates with Heavy Equipment Service Manager experience.
The Service Manager has the overall responsibility for the product support operations of the retail branch. This includes overseeing the day-to-day internal/external service repairs; and management of product support personnel.
• Maintains/establishes a well-organized, profitable work center with strong emphasis on customer relations.
• Opens and closes service work-orders
• Schedules workload for in-house and field staff.
• Identifies training needs and oversees training schedule for service staff.
• Oversees cleanliness of facility and grounds.
• Oversees warranty claims.
• Works with parts department on parts ordering for repairs in process.
• Travels and works on customer machines in the field as required.
• Operates and maintains electric and/or air-powered hand tools.
• Assists in testing and commissioning of products as necessary.
• Performs pre-start checks and ensures product is ready for start-up as necessary.
• Meets quality standards with no supervision and minimum required rework.
• Operates equipment, forklifts, and overhead cranes as required.
• Reads various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers and torque wrenches.
• Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
• Works safely by following established safety procedures.
• Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
• Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and ensures all locations are in complete compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Directly manages service technicians and supporting staff (5-10).
• Associates or Technical degree in a related field plus five years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Travel domestically up to 40% of the time.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry.
• Ability to create and foster a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong customer relations skills with ability to explain and sell necessary repairs.
• Knowledge of mechanical repairs and troubleshooting.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Please Apply here or email resume