KORE1, a nationwide provider of staffing and recruiting solutions, has an immediate opening for "Staff Data Engineer".
We are an enterprise network security company focused on building capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
We are looking for Service engineers to help us solve complex search and pattern matching problems at petabyte scale. Our data collection needs to operate in near real-time, our data stores need to scale linearly with our datasets, our search needs to perform sub-second matches, our classifiers and behavior analytics need to operate over streaming data sets, and our pattern matching needs to support a variety of operators, window functions, and custom intersection semantics. We work with a number of data storage and processing systems, including MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, HBase/Phoenix, Spark, Elasticsearch, a variety of AWS data services as well as some proprietary systems.
If you are passionate about building robust, high-scale system, working with large data sets and protecting public and private organizations from today's ever increasing cyber threats, then we might be the place for you.
Core Job Role
- Design, build, test and deploy scalable systems to store, process and retrieve high-rate event streams.
- Build systems and processes for ETLing, enriching, alerting, and indexing high-rate event streams.
- Support the Operations team in capacity planning and performance tuning for large scale systems.
- Implement processes for applying data-analysis algorithms to event-streams.
- Engineer distributed and multi-tiered SAAS-based services.
- Work independently and self-directed.
- Work across team to solve technical roadblocks for our customers.
- Be humble and willing to learn.
- You work well with a portfolio of â€œdifficult problems...solved."
- You like to build new things.
- You take ownership and responsibility for your success at work.
- You are excited to work in a Â startup environment.
- We value personal and professional integrity and it is a must-have trait for all employees.
- We like to learn constantly.
- We like to work in small, rapid iterations.
- We get things done.
- We like to have fun.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of Java and Java web-services experience.
- Experience in developing high performance and scalable systems
- Expert experience with the Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, HBase, Spark
- Expert experience with Java and Java web-services.
- Python experience is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other Lucene-based datastores, a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Specializing in creative and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT and Creative professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.
Kore1 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kore1 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Kore1 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.Improper interference with the ability of Kore1's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.