Location: Lewisville, TX
Salary: Based on experience
Sign On: Yes
Benefits: Yes, full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K with match, Stock, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, etc.
Position Type: Full-time, permanent position, no weekends
Facility Type: 513-Bed Full-Service Acute Care Hospital
Department: Cath Lab
Reports To: Director of Cath Lab
- The Nurse Manager manages a defined patient care area to provide a climate optimal for the provision of individualized goal directed nursing care that supports the mission, vision and values of the facility and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing.
- The nurse manager is expected to provide an environment where nurses practice autonomously utilizing evidence- based practices.
- The Nurse Manager is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for and supports the nursing staff’s primary commitment to protect the health, safety, and rights of the individual, family or community.
- Under the general supervision of the Director, the Nurse Manager assumes responsibility for all functions in the assigned unit.
- In collaboration with the Director and members of the medical staff, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of quality of patient care services provided in the department by all levels of practitioners. The nurse manager in the assigned unit:
- Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of all functions for the assigned unit.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided in the assigned unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within the department based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Department of Nursing Standards in collaboration with the Director in unusual situations.
- BSN, Required
- MSN or Masters’ Degree in a Healthcare-related field, Preferred
- Current Texas RN or Compact/Multi-State license, Required
- National Specialty Certification or plan to achieve within 1 year of hire.
- Minimum two (2) years recent nursing management experience in the Cath Lab, Required
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing
Together, we believe our success is dependent on an environment where caregivers, staff, administrators, physicians and volunteers are at the core of a patients-first culture.
- Security and stability from working with America’s leading healthcare provider!
- Unmatched potential for a variety, flexibility and career growth.
- The joy of teaming with people who share your passion for the care and improvement of human life.