Administrative Assistant - Dayton, OH
KOORSEN FIRE & SECURITY INC. Vandalia, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant in the Dayton, OH area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Whether you are taking your first step or your next step, you’ll find that a career at Koorsen Fire & Security is a rewarding, exciting, empowering, friendly, and inspiring time. While the Koorsen Fire & Security family has grown by leaps and bounds from its humble beginnings in 1946, it is still very much a family. Join the family today and help us continue to grow stronger and better every day.
General (Billing/Invoicing, Quote Generation, and Procession of payments):
• Data Entry, printing, and processing of Sub and Vendor work/sales orders
• Review completed work orders and generate current and past due invoices on a daily basis
• Gather information from inspection technicians for deficiency quotes
• Contact appropriate Sub and/or Vendor personnel to correct work order/paperwork errors and
collect missing information as needed
• Receive invoice payments and code payments to proper invoices
• Review invoices for errors prior to mailing and make corrections as needed (Verify pricing,
customer info, inventory used, etc.)
• Process credit card payments by phone when necessary
• Receive invoice payments and code payments to proper invoices
• Prepare/Batch all invoices and send invoices
• Scan invoices, work orders, and customer paperwork into KFM operating system
• Work in a professional and safe manner
• Provide all branch associates with strong support and assistance as needed
• Follow all Koorsen Facilities Management policies and procedures
Customer Account Setup, Account Maintenance, and Service:
• Answer phones/multi-line phone system and provide customers with support and routing phone
calls to personnel as appropriate
• Listen to, log, and work to resolve customer problems and/or disputes in a patient, positive, and
• Handle billing questions and provide general billing and accounting support
• Process credit application for new customer account setup
• Setup Re-occurring work orders for service
• Enter new customer information into the KFM operating system for initial service/sales, assigning
a customer ID
• Process Certificate of Insurance, lien waivers, and W-9 requests to customers as needed
• Setup new customer service agreements
• Review and update “special” account pricing on a regular basis
• Perform monthly review/update pre-billing customers
• Review and update open work order reports
• Login and review/maintain customer portal sites
Knowledge, Education, Licensing, and Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• 2+ years of experience in customer service and/or office administration is preferred
• Experience using Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, & Excel is
Skill and Ability Requirements:
• Must possess very strong, customer service oriented, interpersonal skills
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess strong mathematical skills
• Must be able to multi-task effectively
• Must possess strong computer skills and have the ability to effectively use Internet
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint,
• Must be able to answer and route phone calls on a multi-line phone system effectively
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Must be able to use a 10-key pad to perform data entry efficiently, accurately, and in a timely
• Must have the ability to establish rapport with associates at all levels
• Must be able to exercise effective time management skills (prioritize, work on a time line)
Physical Requirements & Exposures:
• Must be able to effectively use computer, adding machine, and telephone
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must be able to perform some repetitive motions while using a computer
• Constant (6-8hrs/shift) sitting, talking, repetitive motions, eye/hand coordination
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status. Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act. E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish. Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
1. New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
2. Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
3. Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.
KOORSEN FIRE & SECURITY INC.
BusinessView all jobs at KOORSEN FIRE & SECURITY INC.