Advanced MDS Architecture Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Advanced MDS Architecture Engineer
Named the #1 fastest growing company in Alabama on the Inc. 5000 list and a 2020 and 2021 Best Places to Work Gold Winner by the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce, KODA Technologies ("KODA") is a growing small business in Huntsville, AL focused on weapon system engineering, integration, and testing. Founded on decades of proven results, the KODA team has expertise in Radar and Missile Development, Flight and Ground Test Planning and Execution, Test Range Instrumentation, Systems Engineering & Integration, and Model & Simulation development. KODA, a Native American word meaning allies, describes us as individuals and as a company. We are allies to our customers and to each other, and we value our people, our customer's missions, and integrity above all else. We are also allies to our community and through our KODA Cares program, we have donated over $170,000 in the last 4 years to our team members' favorite charities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time team members, competitive compensation, and we are committed to the professional growth of our team members. KODA offers up to $15K in tuition reimbursement for Master's degree completion. Check us out at www.kodatech.com.
The Architecture Design Engineer will assist in developing missile defense architecture vision, strategies, roadmaps, and designs. Efforts by this individual will assist in the defense of US, deployed forces, allies, and friends from cruise, hypersonic, and ballistic missile attack.
- Assist architecture design team to develop ideas and concepts for the Missile Defense System
- Gather, evaluate, and implement ideas from experts in missile defense, industry, entrepreneurial startups, and academia for developing top strategies in missile defense architecture
- Provide architecture design solutions that are visionary and pragmatic
- Assist in gaining the support for cooperation and integration of capabilities for missile defense with Military services, DOD, other agencies, international partners, and within MDA
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in STEM Field
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of system of system architecture design, system architecture, systems engineering, computer engineering, hardware/software integration, or data engineering disciplines
- Ability to think critically (i.e., research, understand, analyze, synthesize, and critique), creating solutions to new and one-of-a-kind program challenges and issues as they arise
- Ability to propose and execute technical project solutions which align with customer strategic goals, proposing courses of action based on overarching leadership goals and objectives
- Experience writing and coordinating engineering and technology integration and migration strategies
- Experience successfully participating on matrixed, geographically diverse technical product and engineering project teams
- Ability to negotiate best technical and program solutions within environmental and leadership constraints
- Ability to create a positive, collaborative working relationship with representatives and stakeholders from external organizations
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and produce and present clear, concise, well-organized, and audience-relevant presentations and documents
- Ability to apply creative thinking, problem solving, analytical thinking, and strategic thinking
- Shape System view with understanding of element functions that make up system capability
- Experience with DoD systems and system-of-systems
- Experience working in the Missile Defense Agency or the Missile Defense mission domain
- An understanding of the Systems Engineering "vee" is needed as well as an understanding of the communications and data flow throughout the system of systems
- MBSE experience
- Active SECRET Clearance/TS/SCI preferred
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief may be required
KODA Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
KODA participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EngineeringView all jobs at KODA Technologies