Tower Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Company:
KOBO Utility Construction Corp. is looking for an experience Tower foreman to join our team in the Sandwich, MA office! Someone looking to transition from the field to a combination Foreman and Project Manager role The company specializes in unique heavy electrical utility construction projects around the United States for a range of Federal clients. A small family-owned business based out of Cape Cod, KOBO Utility allows employees the opportunity to be a part tight knit team while receiving the benefits, experience, and challenges of a larger corporation.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge and experience in various tower services from construction to testing. Using that experience, the candidate would act as the foreman on the company's FAA tower projects (1-4 projects per year) and the rest of the time would act as a Project Manager in the office - preparing upcoming tower jobs and learning / managing other FAA / Airport construction projects (antennas, NAVAIDs, lighting, etc.). All work is completed in house so candidates must be wanting to handle civil, mechanical, and electrical portions of the work.
Candidates must be self-starters. Willing and wanting to work with little to no oversight and able to make project decisions.
Full Job Description:
- Act as a Project Manager and Foreman for the few FAA tower projects completed each year
- Train / Act as a Project Manager on other heavy electrical utility projects from the signing of contract to completion
- Tower projects are typically 30'-70' self supporting towers
- Electrical work is the heart of the business but projects also typically include trucking, heavy equipment, excavation, and concrete
- Work sites are mostly airports, seaports, border crossings or local commercial sites
- Typical project manager tasks - submittals, schedules, quote comparison, purchase orders, material management, equipment / labor oversight, RFIs, COPs, and project closeout
- Remotely support project foreman with project materials, details, questions, and answers
- Coordinate project travel
- Position will require 50% travel and 50% office time
- Experience in tower construction – understanding all aspects of the construction and how to meet demanding customer expectations
- Strong organization skills – documentation control and the flow of information inside the company is a key component of this role
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace (Gmail and Drive), and Adobe Acrobat
- Professional writing skills – most of KOBO’s communication is sent through email so messages must be well written, clear, and concise.
- Problem solver – the ability to detect or foresee challenges, errors, or inconsistencies and solve them
- Bonus: tower climbing certifications, electrician license, OSHA 10, hydraulic license, or CDL
KOBO Utility Construction Corp.
4 Victory DriveSandwich, MA
Get fresh Water Tower Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.