Customer Service Representative
- Posted: February 04, 2022
KNIPEX Tools LP is the North American operations of KNIPEX-Werk and is located in Buffalo Grove, IL. KNIPEX-Werk, Wuppertal, Germany, concentrates its efforts on being the best professional pliers manufacturer in terms of quality, innovation and efficiency and its pliers satisfy the highest expectations in terms of performance, ergonomics and service life.
KNIPEX tools are designed for the professional tool user and those that demand the highest quality hand tools available in the marketplace today.
Position Description - Customer Service Representative
A KNIPEX Tools LP (KTLP) Customer Service Representative is an integral member of the KTLP sales team. A KTLP Customer Service Representative provides world - class service to all external and internal customers.
The Customer Service Representative's role encompasses the complete post-sales support cycle, including the completion of information gathering, order entry, and expediting. Customer Service Representatives should be reliable, responsive, reassuring, empathetic and accurate when handling all inquiries/requests be it from outside or from within the company.
- Provides both external and internal customers with a positive experience during all interactions.
- Complies with all company and departmental procedures.
- Enters and confirms the accuracy of orders and tracking delivery dates; updates customers and sales regarding issues.
- Answers all customer inquiries including products, pricing, and availability.
- Anticipates and solves issues before they arise.
- Researches orders and resolves issues related to products and services.
- Develops an excellent working knowledge of procedural and system-related inventory control requirements, including the proper allocation and distribution of products and services.
- Improves and maintains overall customer service functions. This encompasses all order processing requirements including credits, returns, and distribution.
- Develops an excellent working knowledge of our quality system and the associated procedures.
- Provides support to our sales staff and shares the common goal of creating and maintaining customer relationships.
- Works closely with all staff, including warehouse personnel, to ensure proper communication.
- Listens actively and responds to customer demands and complaints as "problem solvers", taking full responsibility and providing positive solutions.
- Demonstrates persistence, overcomes obstacles, and strives to improve skills while achieving goals with enthusiasm and positive energy.
- Follows through with promises and inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Uses good judgment and makes decisions when necessary.
- Seeks guidance to answer any questions when unsure of the correct answer.
- Forwards all customer e-mail addresses to the marketing department and asks every customer if we can send them our product information sheet/e-mail.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred; or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service/order entry experience.
- Hands-on operational experience using SAP or comparable ERP system is a strong plus.
- EDI experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing or distribution environment is a strong plus.
- Experience with inventory a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of urgency mindset with an assertive "let's get it done" attitude.
- Detail oriented with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Excellent follow up.
- Ability and confidence to communicate at all levels, internally and externally in a professional manner by phone, email and face to face contact.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Customer focus.
- Flexible work attitude; ability to learn new things quickly.
- Holds self to high ethical standards and is capable of maintaining confidentiality.
- Enjoys multitasking.
- Professional demeanor.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Dynamic friendly personality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with teams.
- Interested in achievement of broad objectives through teamwork and collaboration.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, and has the ability to meet all deadlines.
K nowledge :
• Improvement is GREAT. Change is GREAT. Wanting to be better is GREAT.
• Innovate; take initiative and be curious. Learn from mistakes.
• Continue to develop our skills; challenge ourselves and others to achieve possibilities.
T eamwork :
• First and foremost, we are a team. Our competition is outside these walls.
• We are all role models and lead by good example.
• Our cooperation and communication is characterized by kindness, openness, honesty, and valuing each other's contributions.
L oyalty :
• Demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and ownership - not just through words, but through actions.
• Keep commitments; say what you will do, and do what you say.
• Trust each other and continue to earn that trust every day.
P assion :
• Strive to achieve consistently superior quality, service, performance, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
• Take pride in our product, our company, and our people.
• Embrace sustainable initiatives and give back to the community.
Knipex Tools LP
1500 BUSCH PKWY60089, IL
BusinessView all jobs at Knipex Tools LP