Systems Engineer I - (SMMT)
KMS Solutions is seeking a Systems Engineer reporting to our Submarine Multi-Mission Team Trainer Program Manager. Position location will be on site at the customer location at Naval Base Kitsap - Bangor, Silverdale, Washington. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Operate and maintain the Submarine Multi-Mission Trainer (SMMT).
- Troubleshoot and repair trainer faults.
- Installation and testing of trainer upgrades.
- Develop trainer operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to startup and operate complex submarine combat systems or similar complex computer systems.
- Demonstrated experience investigating and troubleshooting highly complex system of systems architectures (i.e. two or more standalone systems interoperating by sharing data over a network that affects the data processed by each) including both Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) and Militarized systems to diagnose and correct networking and interface issues.
- Demonstrated experience debugging COTS hardware, software, and firmware problems to the root cause, reading and understanding wiring schematics, and performing corrective actions, for hardware to the Lowest Replaceable Unit (LRU).
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Authorization to Operate (ATO) criteria.
- Knowledge of Container technology and Kubernetes Orchestrator
- Additional Operating System Certifications (Microsoft, Red Hat, Networking, Hardware)
- Extensive operating system knowledge for configuring and administering systems. Candidate should be able to develop procedures not just follow them.
- Demonstrated experience with performing software and patch installations, conducting post installation testing on highly complex system of systems architectures, diagnosing patch installation issues, and working with software development activities to resolve operational and performance issues.
- Experience managing Virtual Machines.
- Strong networking background, ability to configure and deploy network services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams supporting developers, cyber security managers and project leads.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security.
- Equivalent Navy experience will be considered ("A" or "C" schools and years of applicable experience) in lieu of a degree.
We Value the Cultural Differences Our Employees Bring to KMS Solutions. We Are Proud Supporters of Hiring Veterans and Count Them Among Our Finest.
We Are an Employer of Choice and Are Committed to Our Employees Who, In Turn, Provide Continued Excellence and The Highest Service Quality Standards To Help Our Clients Achieve Their Mission.
KMS Solutions, LLCSilverdale, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.