Navy Financial Analyst
- Posted: 1 day ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
NAVY FINANCIAL ANALYST
Placement level and Salary are dependent on experience and education.
KMS Solutions is seeking motivated individuals to join our team to provide Engineering Support Services to the Program Executive Office Submarines for Ship Building (TEAM SUB SHAPM) program offices at the Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington Navy Yard in Washington DC.
Specific program offices and organizations supported include PMS 390 - Undersea Special Mission Systems Program Office, PMS 397 - COLUMBIA Class Submarine Program Office and PMS 450 - VIRGINIA Class Submarine Program Office.
Job Overview & Responsibilities
This position is for a Financial Analyst to support an active contract with the U.S. Navy in the Washington, DC area. The successful candidate will provide business, financial, and programmatic support to the Program Executive Office Submarines for Ship Building (TEAM SUB SHAPM) program offices at the Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington Navy Yard in Washington DC.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Perform financial analyst services including data gathering, budget and financial analysis, and trend analysis.
- Create, maintain, and update financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required. Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Provide daily support to Financial Management team.
- Collect and review financial data from various sources.
- Provide financial models and financial statements, applies forecasting techniques, and evaluates performance against budget submissions.
- Coordinate with customer and field activities to establish funding priorities.
- Reconcile spend plans according to Resource Management Plan and weekly status reports.
- Compile and submits Task Assignment Sheets to initiate financial transactions.
- Provide biweekly metrics reports to Business Financial Manager.
- Track and reconcile funds obligation and expenditure status.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Respond to financial data calls.
- Provide inputs for Congressional budget exhibits.
- Coordinate with the field activities to establish timely receipt of reimbursable funds.
- Track direct site funds sent out on ZFD PR Addendums.
- Review and develop analytical and technical input needed in order to evaluate documentation
- Develop briefs to ensure accurate, timely and essential information is proved to decision makers. Including Unclassified and Classified briefs for audiences up to and including the Flag level.
- Attend meetings and specified Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Set high personal standards for performance/conduct.
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player; works well with others; contributes positively to work/team environment while continually seeks ways to enhance contribution to the team.
Required Education and Experience:
- A current or active DoD Secret security clearance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field. A candidate with three or more years’ experience directly supporting a Navy customer in a business or financial capacity will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Two to four year’s work experience within DoD and/or the Armed Services.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Experience working in a Navy environment, specifically within Team Submarine or submarines in general.
- Knowledge of DoD policies, NAVSEA/Team Submarine policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Navy’s Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution processes and policies.
- One year of experience supporting a DoD customer as a financial analyst.
- Familiarity with rules governing the different Navy Appropriations. Knowledge of O&M, N accounts is a desired bonus.
- Budget Automation and Process Improvement.
- Cost Analysis.
- Data Management and Analysis.
- Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Communication proficiency.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team and often under short, multiple deadlines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Senior positions may have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Excellent listening skills are essential. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The typical workday is eight hours in length. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, with concurrence from the supervisor. The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and must account for the hours in a pay period to maintain full-time status.
Up to 10% travel may be required.
KMS Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
KMS Solutions, LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at KMS Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?