- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Placement level and Salary are dependent on experience and education.
KMS Solutions is seeking motivated individuals to join our team to provide Engineering Support Services to the Program Executive Office Submarines for Ship Building (TEAM SUB SHAPM) program offices at the Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington Navy Yard in Washington DC.
TEAM SUB In Service supports the following program offices: COLUMBIA Class Submarine Program Office (PMS 397) and VIRGINIA Class Submarine Program Office (PMS 450). Support includes
PMS 397 – The COLUMBIA Class Acquisition Program Office is responsible for the acquisition of the OHIO Class replacement and for identifying, assembling, managing, directing, and coordinating the resources required for the Research & Development , design, construction, Test and Evaluation (T&E) and Live Fire Test and Evaluation (LFT&E) of the COLUMBIA Class. The program is a major defense acquisition program and is of significant political importance with Congress and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
PMS 450 – The Virginia Class Acquisition Program Office is responsible for the acquisition of New Construction Submarines and for identifying, assembling, managing, directing, and coordinating the resources required for the R&D, design, construction, Test and Evaluation (T&E), Live Fire Test and Evaluation (LFT&E), and Fleet introduction of the U.S. Navy’s newest class of nuclear attack submarines. The program is a major defense acquisition program with a total life cycle cost of approximately $336B. Additionally, successful improvement of the Class' capabilities is of significant political importance with Congress and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD). Enhanced capability and affordability of VIRGINIA Class submarines by continued production evolution of the Class are essential to the program's continuation and success. VIRGINIA Class submarines are delivered from General Dynamics Electric Boat (EB) and Huntington Ingalls Industries-Newport News (HII-NN) shipyards.
Candidates with an appropriate mix of education and experience should apply directly to this posting or at www.kmssol.com.
Job Overview & Responsibilities
In the Modernization Logistician role, you will be a part of a dynamic team located in Washington, DC. As part of this team, you will be expected to bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact towards our military defense and safety of our sailors. KMS is a leader in providing support to TEAM SUB and has been providing similar services for over 10 years.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Limited teleworking maybe available for this position:
- Identify and mitigate design deficiencies, weak parts, and workmanship defects that affect functionality.
- Apply scientific, and analytical disciplines to ensure that systems and platforms Modernization & Maintainability requirements are integrated with the system design, development, testing, and life cycle sustainment resulting in warfighting capabilities that function effectively.
- Support evaluation of parts for modernization and maintenance and understand wholistically providing solutions. Identify shelf material that can be utilized for support of modernization.
- Provide acquisition logistics support for all systems (both in-service and new) in the areas of sustainment of warfighter capability. The Modernization Logistician is the primary customer contact for all activities, regularly meeting with and updating the customer on sustainment status and is the single point of contact on sourcing all parts for modernization as well as maintenance. Need to be familiar with DoD supply chain for weapons systems support.
- Route, process, and track documentation, including submarine and system Departures from Specification (DFSs) and Liaison Action Records (LARs) received from civilian shipyards and Fleet activities.
- Liaison with other submarine maintenance, repair, and operational activities as necessary to research issues, analyze findings, and provide recommendations for corrective actions and improvement.
- Provide technical support covering a wide variety of Team Submarine logistics issues, including overall supply chain for parts in weapons system support.
- Participate in the systems engineering processes to influence design from its inception throughout the lifecycle, facilitating supportability to maximize the availability, maintainability effectiveness and capability of in-service submarines at the lowest Total Ownership Cost (TOC).
- Provide subject matter expertise and programmatic support for Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) and Obsolescence Management.
- Review system and component level design development documents to provide engineering/sustainment/programmatic expertise and support.
- Participate in Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) IPT, Reliability Control Board (RCB), Sustainment IPT, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) workshops and provisioning conferences.
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more supportability considerations, including (but not limited to) Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Supportability, Suitability, and Affordability requirements.
- Develop, review, and provide supportability analysis including (but not limited to) Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA); Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA); System Engineering Plan (SEP), Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Cost (RAM-C); Level of Repair Analysis (LORA); etc.
- Review and assess programmatic documents including (but not limited to) Statements of Work (SOW), Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRLs), Bills of Material (BOMs), Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Class Maintenance Plan (CMP), Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability Plan (RAMP), Life Cycle Support Plan (LCSP), Sustainment Program Baselines (SPB), etc.
- Conduct analyses of HM&E/NPES subsystem development plans, cost proposals, Logistics, and other technical documentation.
- Interface with the ISEA/PARM/WFC/OEM to verify proper integration of Government/Contractor Furnished Equipment/Information (GFE/GFI) to verify proper integration of Logistician.
Required Education and Experience:
- A current or active DoD Secret clearance.
- A Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- Two to four year's experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer oriented and a collaborator.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Recent experience in Team Submarine
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Familiarity with technical terms and descriptions related to advanced systems.
- Communication proficiency both written and oral .
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. Telework is not available for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Excellent listening skills are essential. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The typical workday is eight hours in length. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, with concurrence from the supervisor. The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and must account for the hours in a pay period to maintain full-time status.
Up to 10% travel may be required.
KMS Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
KMS Solutions, LLC, provides high quality consulting and technical services to commercial and Government clients. Our principals are experienced in and dedicated to serving the needs of US Government related activities. Specific market areas include the US Navy, the US Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense and its C4ISR programs, and other Federal technology and human capital management related activities. Our employees are in the continental United States and globally deployed supporting decision makers at the highest levels of industry and the federal government with systems engineering, human capital development, and advisory & assistance professional services.
KMS Solutions, LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at KMS Solutions, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?