Facility Security Officer FSO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Required Clearance: Top Secret
KMS Solutions is seeking an experienced Facility Security Officer (FSO), and Insider Threat Program Senior official (ITPSO) to oversee the overall security program from our Alexandria, Virginia office location. The individual will manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of security procedures, policies, and trainings required by the 32 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) Part 117 referred to as the “NISPOM rule” and the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). The rule implements policy, assigns responsibilities, establishes requirements, and provides procedures consistent with Executive Order 12829, “National Industrial Security Program;” Executive Order 10865, “Safeguarding Classified Information within Industry;” and 32 Code of Regulation Part 2004, “National Industrial Security Program.” That guidance outlines the protection of classified information that is disclosed to, or developed by, contractors of the U.S. Government. The FSO will interface with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) on all industry security clearance matters, rulings, actions, and interpretations of the NISP. This individual will oversee the security program for four office locations. Offices located in Virginia, Florida, and Rhode Island.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
• Act as the designated representative in all security matters with organizations that include DCSA, Industry Prime contractors, Subcontractors and other Government agencies as required. This includes, but not limited to, inspections, investigations, assessments, inquires, and security documentation.
• Lead the Insider Threat Program efforts by performing the duties of the Insider Threat Program Senior Official (ITPSO) and ensure the ITP meets DCSA requirements.
• Protect classified government information, monitor security procedures, ensuring compliance with all aspects of the program including personnel, physical and administrative security systems and procedures:
o Conduct security briefings and conduct security education program briefings
o Investigate losses and security violations and recommend corrective actions. o Maintain security files for customers and audits. o Conduct self-inspections.
• Administer programs for handling, tracking, and safeguarding classified, controlled unclassified information, and company proprietary information.
• Ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) for two Cage Codes, one for a possessing facility and one for a non-possessing facility.
• Maintain all records within DISS, NISS, SWFT, eQIP, and other DOD systems as necessary. There are multiple requirements within each database.
• Establish a collaborative working relationship with all KMS departments. Work with human resources to ensure smooth in-processing, out-processing, and reporting for all team members. Work with the contracting team in issuing and proofing subcontractor DD254s. Provides security input to Leadership concerning security sections of RFPs and other contract documentation.
• Track international travel by employees and brief and debrief as required.
• Process employee security clearances including finger printing.
o Track security clearance investigations and perform administrative support functions to include the suite of Defense Manpower Data Center software programs (JPAS, DISS, SWFT, etc.).
• Oversee the Information System Security Program and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
• Validate security clearance information and visit certifications either in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Defense Information Security System (DISS), or hard copy visit authorization letters.
• Update and maintain the PSM Net with all new hires and terminations.
• Investigate and write reports on incidents, suspicious activities, potential spills, and other security related situations.
• Provide any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors following the security policies and procedures. • Serve as training officer to security staff.
• Issuance and accountability of employee and visitor badges.
• Provide specialized security for and monitor access to limited and restricted access areas such as network equipment areas, secure rooms, employee files and confidential records.
• Where government projects are involved, serves as a liaison to government agencies concerning security; assists with security clearance processing for employees working on government classified programs.
• Responsible to keep all security policies, procedures, manuals, and training current
• Prepare, author, and edit various security forms as required
• Provide personnel with initial security indoctrination to include completing a Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement (SF312) and provide all initial and refresher security briefings.
• Randomly screen all hand-carried items entering or exiting KMS facilities to prevent and deter any unauthorized or prohibited material from being introduced or removed from facilities controlled or occupied by KMS.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance.
• Must have a BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent FSO experience of 5+ years for a possessing facility and Department of Defense related security administration.
• Must be able to provide completed CDSE FSO Training certificate(s).
• Must be able to provide a completed Insider Threat Program Security Program (ITPSO) training certificate.
• Working knowledge of DISS, NBIS, NISS, SWFT, eQIP, and other DOD systems as necessary. Training for new databases will be provided by the Government.
• Work experience interacting/working with DCSA and/or other Cognizant Security Agency personnel as well as varying levels of senior and executive leadership. • Must have experience in the contractor community in security management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Must be a self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and work independently without direct supervision.
• History of strong collaboration both vertically and horizontally in a professional organization.
• Exceptional time management, prioritization abilities, and ability to achieve goals and targets while performing multiple tasks.
• Strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Active involvement in security organizations (NCMS).
Supervisory Responsibility: This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
• Ability to traverse various areas of the facility to conduct inspections and plan security procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated, but, if necessary, will be under the guidelines of Federal Travel Regulations and/or Joint Travel Regulations.
AAP/EEO Statement: KMS Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/affirmative action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KMS Solutions, LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at KMS Solutions, LLC
Get fresh FSO Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.