Senior Process Engineer - Surface Conditioning
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Process Engineer Surface Conditioning
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Surface Conditioning is a global business within the Specialty Grains and Powders business. We supply submicron ceramic grains for demanding growing markets, such as semiconductors and batteries.
- This position is responsible for improving the manufacturing processes of the ceramic particles used for these demanding markets. This role is critical to advance these markets as specifications become tighter with the advancement of these technologies.
- The incumbent will be responsible for initiating, developing, improving, scaling up, implementing, and maintaining production processes and equipment for production of these grains from calcination to milling and sizing. This role will define process parameters and provide engineering support to maintain process equipment, ensuring manufacturing meets established product specifications, quality standards, productivity objectives, lead times, and safety standards. The incumbent identifies and pursues projects, which require experience and judgment to deal with a variety of variables. Projects frequently involve interaction with other disciplines and with customers.
- The Production Supervisor and the team of operators will report to the incumbent.
- Ceramic Process improvement: This position is responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation through improvement of production processes in ceramic processing of particles used for these demanding markets, where specifications at customers become more stringent as the technologies advance.
- Improve controls of manufacturing process to develop tighter specifications in order to meet increased needs from the customers
- Increase yield of processes to manufacture these ceramic submicron grains.
- Provides hands-on assistance to Manufacturing and Maintenance personnel on the production floor to identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Responsible for Certificates of Analysis, and quality control of the manufacturing process
- Performs statistical analysis of process variables and rejection rates, interprets data and leads resulting process and product improvement projects. Creates, implements, and oversees vital quality and process control procedures.
- Promote data acquisition, data analytics, digital solutions, and automation.
- Scale up ceramic processes for calcination and milling of grains (from sample to production size runs)
- Direct interaction with key customers regarding process improvement, development, and quality matters
- Responsible for managing and guiding Production Supervisor and team of operators
1. Master of Science or Engineering in Ceramics or Materials Science
2. 3 years experience in Ceramic/Particle Processing/Furnace
3. 3 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
4. Past experience in ceramic manufacturing plants with similar equipment is preferred
5. 3 5 years of experience utilizing and understanding engineering principles, theories, and their applications.
6. Must have strong process optimization and problem-solving skills
7. 3 5 years of management experience required.
8. Knowledge of ISO
9. Data driven, process control experience a plus
10. Laboratory equipment/tools (such as SEM) a plus
11. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
ManufacturingView all jobs at KLM Careers