Outside Sales Rep - 5695
Relocation Available: Central California will base from home
Town / City: Salinas
Rock Star Outside Sales Rep
For the dynamic salesperson with consultative sales expertise and an understanding of design, construction and management of commercial projects into the public sector (Schools and City’s). Company designs, supplies and builds recreational play environments for schools, parks, childcare facilities, housing developments and more. If you love sales and want to be part of a growing organization doing work that enriches communities, then this Outside Sales Rep role may be the exceptional next career move you’ve been seeking.
As our Outside Sales Rep, you've progressed beyond needing a manager to track your every move. You are ready to leverage your knowledge of commercial-grade product sales with an industry-leading company that designs high quality, exciting play environments for the communities we serve. You will have the opportunity to work from your home office for a market leader with the chance to give back to your community. You will have the unique opportunity to offer local communities the best commercial-grade play equipment products as well as the construction services and support they need to build the projects they’ve imagined (with the aid of a project manager). We are a full turnkey operation that caters to a true partnership model. This is a field sales role in our already established Central California region including Santa Cruz County, San Luis Obispo County, Monterey County, San Benito County, Stanislaus County, Merced County and surrounding foothill areas. We compensate well with a competitive base salary and an equally advantageous commission structure for those hitting or exceeding their sales quotas.
As a top-performing sales professional, you’re accustomed to longer sales cycles with bigger pay days and have acquired solid experience selling to public agencies, contractors and specifiers. Your technical acumen and consultative skills will be essential for success as you listen to the voice of the customer while building and managing strong client relationships.
We have built more than 30 years of business on core strengths - quality products & services, understanding customer needs, exceptional customer service, and a strong work ethic - so we are looking for a professional who shares our values. Also important is your ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally within our organization and our growing list of partner companies. Proficiency with Salesorce.com or CRM software will enable you to productively track your sales progress. The need for heavy road time to visit customers in the territory on a daily basis is required. But being back to you home office at the end of each day is expected.
• Maintain existing business and contacts through face to face meetings
• Build business relationships, cultivating and developing trusted advisor status
• Create, qualify, and close opportunities
• Communicate our value proposition to prospects and clients
• Create opportunity to expand sales
• Keep CRM current and updated
• Facilitate construction process with our contracting partners and work with internal project manager and contractors to see project from start to finish
Duties and accountabilities
• Participate in industry trade shows and conferences
• Work in team sales environment via phone, email and face to face interactions
• Assist in resolving customer complaints regarding sales and service
• Update forecasts monthly
• Demonstrate core values of the organization
• Participate in all team calls, sales trainings, webinars
• Stay up to date on industry news, trends, etc.
• Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer literate (MS Office, e-mail, etc.)
• Ability to operate/work in a fast paced, high growth and entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to manage heavy work load at times
• Have fun
Education and Experience
• College degree and 3+ years in consultative sales role
• Has functioned independently and overseen a client portfolio in an outside sales capacity
• Has consistently achieved and exceeded million/multi-million dollar quotas
• Able to work independently and in cooperation with manager as your mentor and coach over phone, email and on ride-along days
Special Job Requirements:
• Must be able to provide for productive home office working environment
• Dependable car required – mileage reimbursed
• Must be available for long, varied work hours at times
• Must be able to travel within the territory on a daily basis as needed for face to face meetings
• Relevant technical certifications such as CPSI or proficient at reading and understanding construction drawings and plans are a plus
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. 3 or more years of Outside Sales to Schools, Cities, or similar organizations.
3. Comfortable with a 3 to 12 month sales cycle.