Organics Senior Engineer - Long Beach
KLM Careers Long Beach, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Organics Senior Engineer - Long Beach
Long Beach, CA 90840
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
The perfect candidate for this role would be a Professional Engineer with a background in working with organics facility and experience in business development
The client is seeking an individual who would be responsible for the design of organics facilities, including composting, anaerobic digestors, and other emerging technologies. It will be important to have technical expertise in organics management, composting operations and understand management of organics facilities. The individual will also be responsible for growing this practice in the Southwest Region, which includes California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah. The job would include business development/client contact, preparation and review of proposals, project management, technical expertise on technologies and equipment, coordination with other staff on projects and oversight of staff. This position can be based in any SCS Office in the Southwest Region or can be remote.
• Takes direction from the Leader of Sustainable Materials Management for the Southwest Region and the Southwest Region Business Unit Director.
• Provides direction to staff in project activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical leadership and set an example of personal conduct and ethics.
• Serve as Project Director on project deliverables with an emphasis on client contact and liaison. Provide technical, contractual, and administrative support to Project Managers. Assist in proposal development and preparation of budgets. Emphasize sound engineering/scientific and technical quality, client satisfaction, and project profitability.
• Responsible for implementation of the company’s Quality Assurance Program in the Southwest Region. Provide technical review and quality assurance support for projects and proposals.
• Provide technical expertise on organics processing and collection equipment, and new or emerging organics processing technologies. The individual must have a strong understanding of operational and performance assessments for organics facilities.
• Provide guidance to Project Managers in dealing with project staff, staffing assignments, and accounting for resources in executing their jobs.
• Serve as a key business development representative of the firm to provide technical foundations for development of larger long-term projects.
• Develop and implement strategic marketing programs.
• Responsible for preparing and implementing formal business development plans for assigned activities. Monitor business development and strive for cost efficiency as well as long-term positioning.
• Proposal planning and preparation. Develop proposal budgets and cost estimates.
• Establish and maintain appropriate contact with local and regional community. Become active in local professional and trade associations. Encourage office personnel to participate in professional activities for business opportunities and personal growth.
• Train, mentor and help the development of effective technical and project management skills of staff and Project Managers.
• Maintain a personal and professional code of conduct.
• Demonstrate commitment to adherence to safety program and procedures.
• Assist staff in professional development, involve staff in decision-making, provide on-the-job training and outside education, and establish career opportunities for staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required.
2. Professional Engineer (P.E.) preferred.
3. Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with organics facility design, operations, management and composting processes required.
4. Business Development experience on the West Coast required.
5. Strong oral presentation and written communication skills are necessary.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with other and foster team spirit with all levels of personnel.
7. Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required.
8. Professional Engineer (P.E.). – a plus.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLong Beach, CA
EngineeringView all jobs at KLM Careers