Data Steward Business Analyst - Tampa
- Posted: over a month ago
Data Steward Business Analyst - Tampa
Jersey City, NJ 07303, Boston MA 02111/ Tampa, FL 06303
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- As a core member of the Data Management Center of Excellence you will support the leadership team in establishing, maturing, and driving the implementation of industry-leading data management practices. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with a strong ability to prioritize, assist with projects, and quickly learn new concepts and frameworks. Success in this role demands the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Reporting directly to a Data Steward responsible for one or more Information Domains, you will provide critical support for the management of those Information Domains across the enterprise, including support of enterprise-wide Data Management initiatives. You will need to work efficiently within an agile framework as part of a cross functional team that includes Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Architects, Operations and Information Technology Subject Matter Experts, Data Architects, Data Modelers, Enterprise Test Engineers, Data Governance and Data Quality Leads, IT Business System Analysts, and other Data Steward Business Analysts. You should also be able to work independently with the appropriate initiative-taking and problem-solving, even in ambiguous situations. Your role is key in bridging the gap between IT and the business and requires the incumbent to access, profile and analyze data, understand and document business requirements, and communicate clearly and concisely with a broad range of technical and business partners.
- Participating in preliminary data analysis for new projects to resolve whether required data exists within DTCC; identifying and detailing authoritative sources for existing data; carrying out onboarding plans for new data
- Partnering with business and operational collaborators to assess logical data element names, create clear and accurate data definitions, and identify valid values for the data
- Support data domain management testing, data quality continuous monitoring, and sustainability reviews.
- Assisting data modelers in producing conceptual and logical data models, including entity and attribute names and definitions
- Applying the enterprise metadata repository to input and handle required metadata for critical and prioritized data elements in support initiatives and enterprise-wide data efforts.
- Support the Enterprise Data Quality team by performing User Acceptance Testing for new functionality planned for upcoming releases.
- Supporting data quality through data profiling, documenting data quality and data validation rules, researching data quality exceptions and assessing issue validity, performing root cause analysis for identified data quality issues, and supporting data cleansing efforts to ensure that data is fit for its intended use
- Assisting the Data Steward with project planning, identification of resource requirements, and effort estimation
- Defining, tracking, and reporting on important metrics for identified use cases
- Providing analytical and reporting capabilities to support decision making by the business partners.
- Draft high quality presentation material to share with partners and leadership that provides the appropriate level of detail for the intended audience.
- Participating on agile project squads, including attending daily stand-up, grooming sessions and other agile ceremonies, documenting user stories, and oversee and measuring project metrics.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; advances appropriately
Pay and Benefits:
Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive - we are proud of our 27-year precedent ensuring performing associates are rewarded with receiving their annual bonus target
Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits effective day 1 - no waiting period means no out-of-pocket expense for COBRA
Retirement benefits - 401K & DTCC funded pension plan
Paid Time Off and other leave of absence - 25 days of PTO per year + 10 paid holidays
Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements (2 Days work from OFFICE, Candidate must work from office every Tuesday and Wednesday)
1. Minimum of 4 years of related experience
2. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
3. Knowledge of data management processes and standard methodologies preferred
4. Metrics Reporting experience
5. Support data management processes and standard methodologies
6. Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
7. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?