- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Network Engineer you will design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the IT Infrastructure of internal and external customer environments; including network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore. You will be responsible for the maintenance of documentation pertaining to client networks. You will be responsible for the implementation of projects and for identifying and resolving support issues.
- Employ system analysis techniques to create needs assessments, consulting with clients to determine business needs and goals, hardware and software requirements and system specification. Design comprehensive IT solutions to meet those needs and goals.
- Work with Senior Consultants and Network Manager to design comprehensive IT solutions to meet client specifications.
- Implement and test client systems as required to meet business and technical specifications.
- Document client systems to facilitate future training and support activities.
- Provide support to clients on any aspect of their system following industry best practice standards.
- Identify and respond to customer questions, issues and service opportunities.
- Discover client business needs and goals. Work under the direction of the Senior Network Consultant to deliver comprehensive IT solutions to meet those needs and goals.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients to ensure that they continue to effectively use IT as a tool to achieve their business goals.
- Manage external resources in tasks relating to scheduling, implementing, and delivering client projects in a timely manner under sometimes demanding time constraints.
- Prioritize work and schedules to accomplish client objectives and assure high levels of services and quality of work is maintained.
- Maintain accurate incident report details and client documentation in established ticketing system in accordance with company requirements, policies and procedures.
- Remain knowledgeable in current network technologies to assure the continuing relevance of the Company's products and services.
- 5+ years’ experience with computer networking/consulting industry
- Microsoft Windows MCSA – O365 or other
- System administration experience with Windows Server 2003 through 2016
- Strong technical support and troubleshooting skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support of Cisco, Sonic-Wall and other firewall technology
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support of system backup software, appliances and services
- Experience in Cloud computing solutions
- Experience in the deployment and support of Microsoft Terminal Services and Citrix XenApp
- Strong technical skills in current virtualization, technologies (VMware, XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of current client/server technology. (LAN/WAN, Internet, Messaging, etc.)
- Knowledge of current hardware technologies. (Server, Router, Storage, VLANs, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Office and e-mail
- Knowledge of NAS & SAN solutions
- Experience in network security technologies
- Current CompTIA Security + certification
- Current CCENT certification
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate project status and key issues effectively to clients and management, verbally and in written form.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Determine work priorities for yourself in accordance with project plans, timelines, fluid work demands, and implementation policies and practices.
- High level of customer focus and satisfaction
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to learn/grow in position
- Ability to think logically
- Excellent time management skills
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform work in accord with established company policies, procedures & priorities
Other relevant experience:
SQL Database Admin, Network diagnostic and monitoring software, Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the position. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the position holder.
KLH Consulting, Inc.Why Work Here?
Dynamic, growing company; growth opportunities; long established firm hiring due to growth; competitive compensation and benefit plan
Be part of a dynamic, growing IT Company! KLH Consulting, Inc., voted one of the best places to work in Sonoma County, is based out of Santa Rosa and has been in business for 42 years. We serve thousands of clients both domestic and international. KLH has had significant growth over the past 10 years and that growth is accelerating due to our focus on excellent customer service. Our business is growing throughout the Small and Medium Business space within a wide range of industry segments -- Wine, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Distribution, Professional Services, Construction and more. KLH is looking for hardworking, intelligent people, interested in new opportunities and with keen desire to be part of a culture of excellence.
2324 Bethards DriveSanta Rosa, CA