(NOTE: This is NOT an oil rig position) Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches are cut to grade for pipe installation. Join pipes, establish line/grade and haunch pipe to ensure no bellies will occur and pipe stays on grade and in line.
Required Abilities and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in pipelaying and construction type work
- Ability to operate equipment (skid steer, loader) a plus.
- Experience in reading plans and stakes and the ability to check grades
- Understanding of soil types and how they affect the work being performed and the hazards they present
- Able to work long hours in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to and move 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the resources to get to and from work daily
- Ability to be on time ready to work at start time (punctuality and dependability)
- Ability to communicate (smart phone is needed for time tracking)
- Read and Understand English
- Use of problem solving skills to find solutions or to deal proactively with work related problems and use good judgement to solve problems
- Understanding of tools and safe practices
- Capable of working with a crew and able to maintain good work ethics and communications
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
- All responsibilities of “laborer” in addition to pipe laying
- Clean and prepare work sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Set pipe in line on grade, home and haunch pipe
- Dig ditches or trenches, back fill excavations, compact to grade and specifications using a variety of walk behind compactors or heavy equipment with compactor attachment
- Direct operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials for all pipe installation.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery and tools and distribute them to the appropriate locations according to project plans and specifications
- Use mathematical calculations to determine proper grade percentages and manhole placement
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are joined properly and according to specifications.
- Use proper materials and procedures to ensure pipes are tightly fitted and joints are sealed.
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies and HSE manual
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are both general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties as needed or required.
Powered by JazzHR
KLE Construction, LLC