Loader Operator - MT
KLE Construction, LLC Billings, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Loader Operator is responsible for the safety and efficiency while performing assigned tasks. The loader operator will load trucks and work with pipe crew to move materials when needed.
Required Abilities and Skills
- 3+ years in equipment operating and at least 2 years in loader operating experience in construction
- Experience in reading plans and stakes and the ability to check grades
- Understanding of soil types and how they affect the work being performed and the hazards they present
- Able to work long hours in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to lift to and move 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the resources to get to and from work
- Must have a clean MVR
- Ability to show up on time ready to work (punctuality and dependability)
- Ability to communicate (smart phone is needed for time tracking)
- Read and Understand English and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Use of problem-solving skills to find solutions or to deal proactively with work related challenges
- Understanding of tools and safe practices
- Maintain good work ethics and communications
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
- Uses loader to transport material, load dump trucks and unload delivery trucks as needed
- May use loader to spread aggregates and smooth surfaces
- Read plans and stakes to lay out pipe, manholes and fittings in the proper locations
- Moves trench boxes and other shoring when needed and makes sure the excavator consistently has bedding materials
- Pays specific attention to materials being moved to ensure the materials are not damaged while picking, transporting and placing
- Maintain a neat and level working environment
- Plan work route to execute work in a safe and productive manner.
- Pay close attention to ground crew to avoid any and all injuries/incidents
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning, complete a 360-degree walk around prior to starting equipment.
- Inspects and maintains the equipment according to KLE Equipment policy
- Must safely operate equipment according to manufactures requirements and KLE Requirements
- Work with others in order to complete the tasks successfully and safely
- Follow directions from foremen and superintendents to meet expectations for each specific task
- Shall perform all Labor responsibilities when required
- Clean work area, company vehicles, tools and equipment daily
- Be professional always
- Perform all work in accordance with applicable rules and regulations of the company handbook
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies and KLE HSE manual
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are both general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform additional or other duties as needed or required.
Powered by JazzHR