Heavy Civil Superintendent - MT
KLE Construction, LLC Billings, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purpose: Superintendents are responsible for overseeing projects that have been assigned by Project Manager. They will be responsible for coordinating employees, subcontractors and overall completion of project(s) assigned. Along with any paperwork, phone calls, and professional representation of KLE Construction.
Required abilities and Skills
- 2+ years in a superintendent role
- 7+ years in Heavy Civil and Highway Construction
- 7+ years in mass earthwork, grading And/Or 7+ years in underground pipe installation (sewer, water, storm, pipeline)
- 7+ years reading and interpreting project plans and specifications
- Candidate must also possess strong leadership and management skills, which include; coaching, mentoring, teamwork, communication, and motivation of project team
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Ability to accept responsibility and accountability
- Act with honesty and integrity at all times
- Direct and manage crews safely and responsibly
- Understanding of equipment and safe operation practices that are needed for any job
- Knowledge of the materials required for the project
- Ability to work in an office setting as well as outdoors in all kinds of weather on a construction site. This includes time standing or walking on uneven ground; lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds or more; climbing up and down ladders, scaffolds, equipment, carrying equipment, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling etc. Must be able to hear warning signals and alarms.
- Proficient in PC software and systems such as Microsoft Office; PDF/Bluebeam, Emailing, Spread Sheets, Online Plan & Document Storage, HCSS or B2W
- Training and Certifications Preferred: First Aid/CPR, OSHA and/or PEC Safeland, Confined Space & Trenching and Excavation, Fall Protection,
- Experience in all the following: reading plans/blueprints, stakes, ability to check grades, understanding of soil types and composition, calculating slopes, percentages and elevations, knowledge of safe operation of the various types of equipment on the project
Essential Skills and Duties
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and training as needed to ensure ongoing successful growth of personnel; as well as evaluating employee job performance. Able to delegate tasks appropriately, keep workers motivated and engaged in work while demonstrating company values and meeting project goals and objectives. Resolve any employee problems that may arise and if needed contact and work with Human Resources in documentation, notifications and proper handling of situation.
- Coordinate construction phases with Project Manager and Project Assistant to prevent delays and resolve conflicts, ensure that work is performed to specification, on schedule and within budget. Ensure job cost reports and pay estimates are accurate and timely. Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payments; negotiate and process extra work claims, change orders, supplemental agreements and value engineering concepts.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, safety, quality standards and regulations.
- Ensure orderly appearance of job-site and proper use of equipment. Enforcing rules of operations, maintenance and care for KLE equipment (vehicles, trailers, tools, large and small equipment etc.)
- Coordination of needed personnel, supplies, equipment, parts, or repair services that may be needed daily
- Assist in the hiring and recruiting process for crew members
- Ensure that KLE daily reports, JSAs, other forms and employee time is accurate and completed daily
- Submit locate tickets and ensure tickets are continuously up to date.
- Demonstrate good judgement, decision making and negotiation skills in the best financial interest of KLE Construction
- Consistent use of computer programs for project development, planning, communicating etc.
- Enforcement of OSHA, General and Other Industry regulations, DOT regulation, as well as KLE Construction’s safety manual. Adhere to safe working conditions and assist safety manager in investigating and resolving all claims or violations arising from the project and/or incidents
- Assist Project Manager(s) in Estimating by using project management software, including cost history and superintendent’s own experience to prepare accurate and complete estimates through the review of plans, specifications, quantity takeoffs, crew selection, productivity, vendor and subcontractor quote management and desired overhead / profit
- Cost Tracking, Scheduling and Change Tracking over the course of the project(s)
- Job duties may include travel and may require extended hours, including weekends/or nights.
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform additional or other duties as needed or required
Powered by JazzHR