Grading Foreman - ND
KLE Construction, LLC Williston, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a foreman, you will be working with your crew(s), subs and suppliers effectively managing the daily onsite activities on the project. You will also be required to work closely with the Superintendent or Project Management Team fulfilling an integral role in the project between crew and management.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ Years Field Experience – Operating Heavy Equipment, Underground Utilities, Pipe Laying and/or Grading
- 2+ Years as Foreman or Crew Lead
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean MVR – CDL is a plus
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Candidate shall have extensive experience with reading and understanding project plans, specifications and contract requirements; knowledge of the materials, equipment and tools necessary to layout and complete the work; the ability to calculate slopes, percentages, grades and elevations.
- Proficient in PC software and systems such as Microsoft Office; PDF/Bluebeam, Emailing, Using Tablets, Spread Sheets, Online Plan & Document Storage;
- Experience with B2W, HCSS or other project management and reporting software a plus
- Experience with Trimble GPS Layout and/or Machine Controls a plus
- Ability to Maintain Training and Certifications (Preferred In Hand): First Aid/CPR, OSHA (PEC/Safeland), Confined Space & Trenching and Excavation, Fall Protection
- Experience in all the following: reading plans/blueprints, stakes, ability to check grades, understanding of soil types and composition, calculating slopes, percentages and elevations, knowledge of safe operation of the various types of equipment on the project
- Provide general direction and oversight to the safe performance of work that meets required quality standards as well as schedule, scope and contractual requirements within the project plan.
- Plan Identify & Mitigate: potential hazards, delays, quality control, and other jobsite issues. Develop solutions and plans to avoid these risks and successfully complete the project.
- Assess and address performance issues with your crew(s) and/or site subs.
- Mentor & Coach your team members as it relates to KLE policies, procedures, work requirements and safety practices.
- Schedule and manage site safety meetings and filling out JSA’s, work permits, locate requests and logs
- Maintain and Ensure consistent, accurate field reporting including daily field reports, notes, documentation, plan updates, As-built and other required information including quantities.
- Ensure both the site and the operation represent KLE positively in all aspects including inspecting and monitoring site signage, cleanliness, equipment and materials staging as well as attitudes and attire
- Inspect and report on assets. Ensure equipment, tools, vehicles and materials are properly staged, stored and maintained. Manage site deliveries as well as returns.
- Ensure site conditions are congruent with plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Identify and Manage: T&M, additional and change order work.
- Assemble completed quantities, changes and production rates for review.
- Perform all work in accordance with applicable rules and regulations of the company handbook
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies and KLE HSE manual
- Enforce OSHA Construction, General Industry & DOT regulations and adhere to KLE Construction’s safety manual and adapt to safety regulations as necessary. Ensure safe working conditions and assist safety manager in investigating and resolving all claims arising from project and or work incidents including safety violations.
- Reporting all safety hazards, incidents, issues etc. to the Safety Manager immediately.
- Cost Tracking, Scheduling and Change Tracking over the course of the project(s)
- Job duties may include travel and may require extended hours, including weekends/or nights.
Planning and Scheduling
- Assist in the overall project planning including: project specific & public safety measures; site security; budget & performance goals; equipment and materials selection; off and onsite logistics related to trucking and materials, as well as overall personnel and equipment flows within the project site.
- Develop and maintain crew labor projections, identifying the labor and skills required and participate in the selection of site staffing. Monitor, review and track both employee and asset usage/time.
- Provide feedback on schedule and over/under performing items including quantities.
- Lead and motivate crew members to complete work safely, on schedule, on budget in a quality manor
- Build and maintain relationships with the project representatives, engineers, architects, inspectors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Resolve any employee problems that may arise and if needed contact and work with Human Resources in documentation, notifications and proper handling of situation.
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are both general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform additional or other duties as needed or required.
Powered by JazzHR