Grading Crew Laborer - ND
KLE Construction, LLC Williston, ND
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsibilities include: setting up rotary lasers, eye levels and using basic math to establish grades for pipe, building pads, roadways, curb line and slopes. Keeping a neat work area around trenches and other excavations, assist in mainline grading operations, take measurements for services and manhole connections, grout manholes, assist pipe layer in the trench as needed, prep sidewalk approaches, aka ramps, curb and assist in building demolition
Required Abilities and Skills
- 1-2 years’ experience in construction type work
- Able to work long hours with consistent strenuous labor in all types of weather conditions
- Concrete flatwork experience (not required) Big Plus
- Experience in reading plans and stakes and the ability to check grades
- Maintain good work ethics and positive attitude.
- Ability to lift to and move 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the resources to get to and from work
- Must have a clean MVR
- Ability to show up on time ready to work (punctuality and dependability)
- Ability to communicate (smart phone is needed for time tracking)
- Read and Understand English and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Use of problem-solving skills to find solutions or to deal proactively with work related challenges
- Understanding of tools and safe practices
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
Primary responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Responsible for all hand tools, lasers, cables and picking gear
- Hand grading various surfaces for concrete or asphalt paving
- Setting up laser and adjusting grade rod to proper elevation and checking grade
- Read blueprints and designs.
- Lay out building pads, footing locations, edge of pavement, curb lines and sidewalks clearly and accurately
- Lay out pipe and fittings based on survey or plans
- Rig pipe, manholes and trench boxes
- Clear and prepare highway work zones.
- Dig trenches.
- Operate rotary laser to check grads
- Operate air, electric, and pneumatic drills.
- Remove hazardous materials.
- Operate pavement breakers; jackhammers; earth tampers; concrete mixers, cut off saws and walk behind saws
- Follow directions from foremen and superintendents to meet expectations for each specific task
- Perform all work in accordance with applicable rules and regulations of the company handbook
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies and HSE manual
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are both general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform additional or other duties as needed or required.
Powered by JazzHR