The purpose of this role is to deliver efficient and effective technical and administrative support and successfully complete assigned projects according to specifications. The primary role of this position is building accurate GPS models and supporting the grading department. The secondary role is to assist with the coordination, management and technical support of company assets and field personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes a KLE’s safety culture through the support the safety program including participation in safety meetings and training. Proactively identifies and communicates, safety improvements to maintain a safe, healthy work environment and company safety standards.
- Promotes, and protects company values including diversity, teamwork, fair work environment, and respect of others. Maintains a “team” spirit within the business unit. Works and cooperates with other disciplines (across company lines). Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Promotes and protects the community perception of KLE.
- Model building for rough grade, finish grade and related for roads, highways and site construction projects.
- Provides up to date and accurate model files to the field on a timely basis.
- Works with project management staff and engineers to obtain CAD files, approved plans, and control points for modeling use.
- Provides up to date earthwork calculations based on field topo’s vs. the current model.
- Converts and incorporates information, provided from the field, in the model for field use.
- Joins, labels and colors all model line work based on collaboration with project team.
- Time management is key when building models. Always works with the goal in mind to meet and exceed deadlines that are given.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or projects at the same time.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with all project team members and managers.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with the engineers.
- Ability to complete model revisions/changes as soon as possible while communicating the schedule of when the revised model will be completed.
- Willingness to listen and learn and apply what is learned to the model building process.
- Ability to meet all expected deadlines while paying close attention and maintaining accuracy.
- Willingness to take on whatever project or revision comes up.
- Teamwork, communication and follow through are key ingredients to achieving success.
- Provides asset coordination, allocation, management and technical training and support to field personal.
- Ability to adapt and deal with change on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Ability to deal positively with the pressures associated with deadline.
- Ability to process grading information, such as, plans, plan revisions and surveying cut sheets.
Qualifications, Requirements & Competencies
- Two (2) or four (4) year degree from a technical school, community, university or state college.
Experience & Industry Expertise:
- Minimum of one (1) year of takeoff and modeling experience using Trimble Business Center.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience using AutoCAD and Agtek.
- Must be able to read and interpret grading plans and specifications.
- One (1) year of grading field experience preferred.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background investigation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current on all company required safety training
- Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information and avoid conflicts-of-interest
- Ability to read and interpret grading plans and specifications
- Ability to utilize computer aided systems and equipment
- Knowledge and implementation of company’s Operating Policies and Procedures
- Preferred working knowledge of construction equipment, materials, techniques, and required standards applicable to discipline
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Time Management
- Relationship Management
- Business Acumen
- Organization and Management
- Well versed in: plan reading, plan specification navigation and field grading processes.
- Technology: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, AGTEK, BlueBeam, Google Earth, VisionLink, and Trimble Business Center.
- Technical competence in construction
Powered by JazzHR
KLE Construction, LLC