Operates dozer to level ground, distribute earth, moisture condition, rip material, assist scraper in getting full loads of material. Construct roads and highways, grade building pads, small/large parking lots and cut slopes for ponds, lagoons, pads and miscellaneous applications.
Required Abilities and Skills
- 3+ years in equipment operating and at least 2 years in Dozer operating experience in construction
- Experience in reading plans and stakes and the ability to check grades
- Understanding of soil types and how they affect the work being performed and the hazards they present
- Able to work long hours in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to lift to and move 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the resources to get to and from work
- Must have a clean MVR
- Ability to show up on time ready to work (punctuality and dependability)
- Ability to communicate (smart phone is needed for time tracking)
- Read and Understand English and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Use of problem-solving skills to find solutions or to deal proactively with work related challenges
- Understanding of tools and safe practices
- Maintain good work ethics and communications
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
- Operates bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Able to operate and run GPS equipment for grade precision or able to learn
- Able to read and understand plans in order to establish contour lines and cross sections when necessary
- Paying attention to ground crew or other equipment working within proximity.
- Perform routine maintenance on Dozer such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning, complete a 360-degree walk around prior to starting equipment.
- Inspects and maintains the equipment according to KLE Equipment policy
- Must safely operate equipment according to manufactures requirements and KLE Requirements
- Work with others in order to complete the tasks successfully and safely
- Follow directions from foremen and superintendents to meet expectations for each specific task
- Shall perform all Labor responsibilities when required
- Clean work area, company vehicles, tools and equipment daily
- Be professional always
- Perform all work in accordance with applicable rules and regulations of the company handbook
- Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policies and KLE HSE manual
As with the nature of construction, this job description, the duties and responsibilities contained herein are both general and not intended to be a complete list of the duties, expectations, responsibilities necessary to this position. As with any atmosphere, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform additional or other duties as needed or required.
Powered by JazzHR
KLE Construction, LLC