Unix System Admin (Sr. Unix/Linux Engineer)-Onsite only!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
KLC Consulting, Inc.
Requirement for: Unix System Admin (Sr. Unix/Linux Engineer), Ocoee, Florida-NO REMOTE!
Contact: Maggie Manning: 850-270-9732, MManning@klcinc.us
Client: Florida Department of Transportation, Turnpike HQ, Ocoee, Florida
Closes: August 22, 2022, by 10AM EST
For Term: 9/5/2022 through 6/30/2023, with possible extension, based on excellence in work provided, need and budget availability.
Telecommuting: Remote work is NOT an option for this position.
Interviews: In the event an interview is requested, it will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams. A phone interview may also be requested as a first step.
Work Hours: Normal business hours are defined as Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM, Eastern Time (ET), excluding State of Florida observed holidays.
Scope of Service: UNIX Operations team is searching for a senior candidate who is proficient within a LINUX (Red Hat) and UNIX (Solaris) environment. The ideal candidate will have minimum 10+ years of experience within systems administration, along with knowledge of physical infrastructure and hardware such as Dell PowerEdge M/R servers. This candidate will provide Linux/UNIX support for the estate of around 400 servers. We are looking for a good communicator and a problem-solving individual. Responsibility will encompass both operational support of the Linux/UNIX estate, system maintenance (OS patching), and storage migration work where necessary.
Must Complete the attached Exhibit F Form, Resume Self-Certification Form (See Attachment)
Must Complete the following Education, Experience, and Skills Matrices
Educations, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Matrix
Degree / Date of Graduation
University / School
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. Or equivalent work experience
Required Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Year Skills Last Used
1. RedHat Linux 7 administration/patch management.
2. Linux Server builds and custom configurations.
3. Performance tuning of Oracle database servers on Redhat.
4. Solaris 11 administration/patch management.
5. LDOM management on T-series hardware.
6. Server Security vulnerability management.
7. Ansible playbook configuration and development.
8. Satellite 6 management and upgrades.
9. Ansible tower management and upgrades.
10. Good knowledge in NFS, Samba.
11. Good knowledge of Linux/Unix process management.
12. Good knowledge of disk management using LVM and ZFS.
13. VMware virtualization experience ESX platforms.
14. Good Knowledge on automation.
15. Good Knowledge on server migrations.
16. Ability to debug and troubleshoot network, performance, and software issues.
17. Strong skills in TCP/IP networking, HTTPS, SFTP, DNS, SNMP, VLAN network topology and firewalled environments.
Nice to Have Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Year Skills Last Used
1. Storage management basics.
2. Database administration basics.
3. Windows administration basics.
4. Cloud integration basics.
5. Experience performing backup administration using NetBackup, Tivoli, Commvault, Cohesity, or similar technology.
6. Good understanding of applications like Git, Informatica, Cognos, Splunk and HP ALM.
KLC IncWhy Work Here?
One of the largest providers of staff augmentation services in Florida with direct State of Florida clients.
TechnologyView all jobs at KLC Inc