- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Reports to: Director of Engineered Solutions
For almost a century, KLA’s mission is to create value by delivering world-class communications solutions.
The Network Engineer works with Business Development and Project Managers assisting with customer projects in achieving optimum use of their computer networks by performing needs analysis, procurement support, network design, installation, training and problem resolution for the Wi-Fi, local and wide area networks. This position is responsible for analyzing, developing, designing, configuring, maintaining and repairing network systems, resolving network issues timely and accurately supporting internal and external user and customer needs.
A Glimpse of What You’ll Do
- Provide and oversee the architectural design, planning and support for customer project delivery goals
- Provide customer consultation on Wi-Fi/LAN and IoT solutions, including survey, design, topology, maintenance and implementation of LAN and wireless hardware, configurations, controllers, and software
- Provide both high level and low level designs
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade network and wireless infrastructures
- Maintain knowledge and skills to design and implement solutions required to support networks (routers, switches, access points, wireless LAN controllers, etc.)
- Deliver professional proposals, including design documentation, understanding and articulating project requirements
- Locate and reads blueprints/auto-cad floor plans of client sites for network planning
- Determine location of Wi-Fi AP’s utilizing survey tools (iBwave, Ekahau, AirMagnet, etc.)
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware, software, and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Create project estimates and BOM’s for overall project requirements
- Offers post implementation support and troubleshooting for clients
- Configures and monitors network systems and assists in performing corrective actions
- Assist in the training of other technicians and engineers to improve their technical skills
- Assume contractual management responsibilities, assists in requests for proposals, vendor selection, and contract monitoring
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
What You Bring
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity and aptitude
- Collaboration Skills
- Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience, with Industry standard certifications preferred
- Five years’ experience installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing Network systems and services in IT professional services with an emphasis on RF and Wi-Fi along with CISCO and/or Aruba routing, switching and LAN.
- CCNA, CCNA Wireless, CWNA or CWNP preferred
- Full-time, typical schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
- Passport is required
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.
KLA LaboratoriesWhy Work Here?
90+ year company, great benefits, competitive salary, Top 100 Cool Places to Work, family atmosphere in an enterprise environment!
Please visit our website at: www.klalabs.com
AddressLas Vegas, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at KLA Laboratories