KKCS Antioch, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
KKCS is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, detailed-oriented and reliable accounting professional for a full-time Accounting Specialist position in Antioch, CA. The Accounting Specialist will be an integral member of the Corporate Accounting team supporting the continued growth and success of KKCS. Responsibilities include but not limited to financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing and billing. This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches and analyzes financial information to assist in preparing financial reports
- Reviews subcontract invoices on KKCS projects and assist in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Processes all accounting information including accounts receivable, accounts payable, Form 1099 or general ledger) in an accurate and timely manner as directed.
- Performs various administrative/clerical accounting functions including but not limited to data entry, journal entry drafting, account analyses, typing, filing, photocopying.
- Prepares and analyzes invoices with understanding of overhead, allowable/non-allowable expenses and contract terms and conditions.
- Assists with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Performs analysis of general ledger activity including account and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares journal entries for specific GL accounts.
- Reviews reimbursable expenses.
- Supports Director of Accounting in preparing and coordinating audits, other project accounting tasks and special projects as required.
- Prepares audit schedules with the GL team to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Contributes to the organization in a professional manner with a positive attitude.
- Performs other essential functions of the job as assigned.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Accounting, Finance or similar concentration
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in accounting
- Prior experience working for a project management, construction, architecture, engineering or related industry.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, contract invoicing and General Services Administration (GSA)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced Excel skills required)
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong attention to details, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Committed to quality customer service (internal and external)
- Consistent attendance and reliability
- Deltek Ajera accounting software knowledge is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) benefits
- Company-paid long-term (LTD) insurance
- Annual tuition assistance allowance for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
KKCS is an equal opportunity employer encouraging individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Delivering Infrastructure Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at KKCS