Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best in class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
At Kiva Manufacturing Inc., a Shipping & Receiving Clerk oversees and keeps records of all shipping and receiving. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for organizing, sorting, and transferring goods from one location to another. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk monitors company packages from the start to finish, ensuring proper packing techniques and shipping practices. The role of a Shipping & Receiving Clerk also extends to taking care of customer requests and complaints.
This job is for you, if...
- You display a positive attitude and like to work hard
- You have the desire to assist in a fast pace work environment
- You have superb manual dexterity
- You can move at a steady pace keeping up the overall pace of the team
As a Kiva Shipping & Receiving Clerk, you will...
- Determines method of shipment and prepares bills, invoices and other shipping documents
- Receives merchandise - checks and signs delivery slips, and assists with unloading as necessary
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods
- Accepts or returns merchandise according to established company procedures. Calculates prices according to guidelines, and affixes bar codes, prices, and security tags as necessary.
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verification against documents, unpacks and routes goods to appropriate storage areas. Handles customer pick-ups.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Maintains internal record-keeping systems
- Contacts resource people for various information. Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
- Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
- Knows safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials
- Knows proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods
- Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures area is secure at all times.
What we're looking for...
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience
- Forklift Certification highly preferred
- This position is in a busy warehouse subject to frequent interruptions and loud noises
- Some extended and weekend hours may be required
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in cold fluctuating temperature conditions
- Must be able to be very active, as the position may require the employee to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Kiva Confections provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.