General Maintenance Worker - P&E
KIRA Training Services 80840, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non- Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of the position is Operate, maintain and clean all pickup trucks/pickup trucks with attachments, fork lifts, asphalt rollers.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance activities.
- Operate, maintain and clean all pickup trucks/pickup trucks with attached snow plow and bed mounted sander, fork lifts, asphalt rollers.
- Use, clean and perform maintenance on all section assigned small and large powered machinery that include but not limited to: hot joint and crack sealing kettle, crack chasers, mobile air compressors, pneumatic/electric jackhammers, demolition saws, pavement saws, chain saws, limb chipping machine, concrete core drill and bits, motorized compaction units, post sleeve driver.
- Clear debris and soils from drainage systems.
- Form, compact soils to grade, erect structural reinforcing steel, consolidate and finish concrete or other hard surface pavement materials for repairs.
- Place, roll and finish hot and cold mix asphalt in the repair of potholes and raveled edges, operate joint and crack sealing machine with related hand tools.
- Install and repair chain-link, barbwire, split rail, wood privacy fences.
- Installs, maintains and repairs all signage, traffic control, informational, facility, street signs, repairs erosion throughout base.
- Use various construction hand tools and small powered equipment in the performance of assigned duties.
- Perform snow removal operations directed by supervisor and section leads according to base snow plan and be available to work 12-hour day/night snow shifts during snow events. Apply deicing chemicals to streets as needed and report usages. Clean daily the interior and exterior of vehicles signed out, used and secure tools daily.
- Incumbent is to perform equipment checks as required to ensure all equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition. Notates any repair or maintenance needed and notifies vehicle maintenance facility of any deficiencies prior to operation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building and/or utility trades.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice. Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Commercial Driver’s License class “B”. HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform stand-by duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to liftup to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
KIRA Training Services
Real EstateView all jobs at KIRA Training Services