Facilities Maintenance Laborer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Laborer
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non -Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the USAF Academy pools, spa pools, and base fountains, and facilities.
- Assist in general maintenance and minor repair task of structures and equipment.
- Provide periodic, daily, weekly, and annual cleaning of swimming pools, spa pools, and base fountains.
- Use manual and mechanical equipment in the performance of tasks.
- Skim and vacuum bottoms and side surfaces of the pools to remove sand, hair, lint, scum, and loose rust.
- Scrub pool decks, hallways, diving platforms, ladders, gutters, floor recesses, and floor drains to remove dirt, soil rust, bodily oils, soap residue and foreign substances.
- Scrub pool walls, floors, splash troughs, gutters, bulkheads, and spaces behind ladders to prevent algae/fungi build up.
- Assist Lead with manual fill of heating and cooling system glycol and transport of water treatment chemicals.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance and repair activities.
- Maintain accountability for all tools issued.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- Minimum of one (1) year labor experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid CO state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs. Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
KIRA Training Services
Real EstateView all jobs at KIRA Training Services