Enrichment Teacher (Primary Spanish, Coding, Art, Dance)
KIPP New Orleans Schools New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
KIPP New Orleans Schools is a non-profit network of 13 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating 5500 elementary, middle, and high school students. We have a track record of preparing students for success in college and life for over a decade, and our goal is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to pursue a life filled with choices.
Our schools are part of the free New Orleans public school system and enrollment is open to all students. As part of the national Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) network of 242 schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, we are committed to partnering with the community to ensure that all children have the knowledge, skills and character they need to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place. We believe that great teachers and school leaders, a supportive learning environment, and an emphasis on both academics and character are the foundation for student success, and we strive to provide these for every child.
At KIPP New Orleans Schools, teachers, students, and families are all united around the same goal: college and a choice-filled life. We believe that an excellent college-preparatory education will set students up for success in whatever life path they choose. Through collective hard work and commitment, KIPP students complete college at a rate that is above the national average for all students and four times higher than that of students from similar economic backgrounds.
Enrichment Teachers in KIPP New Orleans Schools see an opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of students and families by preparing students for success in college and in building lives full of choices. If you share in our belief and deep commitment to this vision, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes for students to achieve if you thrive in an environment with like-minded teachers, then you are already a KIPP teacher.
We are looking for teachers who combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. We look for teachers with at least two years of teaching experience and a desire to make a difference in the lives of students in New Orleans.
• Teach students in high quality, engaging way
• Create and foster a positive learning environment and exhibit positive rapport with students
• Hold high expectations for each student while implementing the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
• Constantly assess student progress and communicate results to families and colleagues
• Provide individual or small group instruction for students who need additional assistance
• Establish and maintain strong lines of communication with parents
• Model the school’s values in all communications with students, families, and staff
• Assist in the development of curriculum standards and mapping
• Be prepared to do whatever it takes for students to excel
• Commit to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers
• Work well on a team faced with the challenge of building and maintaining a school collaboratively
• Bachelor's degree (required)
• At least two years of teaching experience (strongly preferred)
• Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of students from educationally disadvantaged neighborhoods (strongly preferred)
• Experience working in urban schools (preferred)
• State teaching credential (preferred)
• Belief in the mission and values of KIPP — that we will not be outworked in ensuring students have lives full of choices – along with zest, grit, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor :)
• An incredible work ethic and a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
• Reflective, hard-working, dedicated, strategic thinker, and organized
• Willingness to be flexible and go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP New Orleans students
• A strong desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a teacher and professional
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, KIPP New Orleans Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package including health coverage and retirement.
● Healthcare (including vision, dental, and short-term disability) provided for employees
● 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 5% salary match
● On-going professional development opportunities:
○ Mentor programs for new teachers
○ School-based PD over the summer, including 3-5 regional PD days
○ 3-4 regional PD days during the year for all KIPP New Orleans teachers
○ Ongoing coaching and school-based PD throughout the year
KIPP New Orleans Schools
AddressNew Orleans, LA
EducationView all jobs at KIPP New Orleans Schools