Maintenance Certificate Program
- Posted: over a month ago
Kimber Mfg., Inc.
Job Title: Maintenance Certificate Program
Location: Troy, AL
Department: Facility & Maintenance
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Certificate Program Participant will learn to diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems according to established procedures in a safe and quality manner. Technical and troubleshooting skills will be required in order to understand and analyze the root cause of reactive maintenance issues. Preventive, Predictive, and Corrective maintenance will be performed, with a focus on improving machine and equipment availability. Learning to execute these skills and maintenance styles will assure established safety, compliance, and reliability of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and automated machining equipment.
The program is a partnership with Enterprise State Community College (ESCC) and Kimber Mfg., Inc. intended to provide plant Maintenance training through 24 credit hours over a 24 or 32 week period (depending on terms attended). In addition to the classroom and laboratory components, the program includes a Kimber onsite work component beginning with Facility operations with the goal of progressing to entry level Maintenance Technician responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully complete all classroom and laboratory academic requirements through ESCC
- Perform part-time Facility Technician work onsite at Kimber according to coordinated schedule
- Learn to implement and sustain S, Q, D, C, I activities
- Learn to develop, sustain, and improve Maintenance and Reliability activities
- Learn to maintain and troubleshoot PLC and automated machining equipment
- Learn to understand Root Cause Analysis and the aptitude to keep looking for the core problem
- Learn to develop standard work, tool setup sheets, and standard operations for production jobs
- Learn to troubleshoot various problems (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.) and develop corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
- Learn to perform Quality Assurance activities while operating equipment
- Learn about Productive Maintenance activity
- Demonstrate learned skills by completing Maintenance Technician duties through on-the-job training
- Over the 24 or 32 week program, the Participant should be able to complete progressively more Maintenance Technician level of responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate proficiency and show progress towards learning each essential duty. The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability that will be developed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Mathematical skills
- Able to work safely and make quality decisions with regard to Safety Time Management
- Cross functional team builder/player with high levels of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team, without direct supervision
- Ability to become knowledgeable of CNC or machine tooling
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a fast work environment that has the potential to change due to regulatory and business needs
- Need to be detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Must acquire the ability to do basic electrical and mechanical repairs
- Ability to operate all mobile equipment
- Ability to execute TPM/PM requirements for plant equipment
- Determine offsets and adjusting accordingly
- Interpret Work Orders and enter data into the Manufacturing database (ERP)
- Complete all academic assignments on time and of a high quality
- Maintain at least a 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) throughout the entirety of the program
- Participant must have and maintain less than 4 attendance points in conjunction with the Company’s Attendance Policy
- Participant must have no active Kimber disciplines; received no disciplines within the last year
- Participant must complete 6 months of consecutive employment with Kimber Mfg., Inc.
- Participant must obtain their Manager’s recommendation for enrollment
- Participant must demonstrate aptitude during the interview and throughout the course of the program
- Participant must be able to work all shifts and aware of potential shift changes post completion of the program
- Participant must have and maintain personal reliable transportation to the Enterprise Community College in Ozark, AL throughout the course of the program
- High School Diploma or GED
- Industrial Maintenance, Industrial CNC, or similar Maintenance and Reliability Experience
Ability to read, write, listen, and follow instructions. Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for work and part orders.
Basic shop math and precision measurement skills.
Ability to make adjustments as needed by following SOP’s.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual, and predictable attendance including the ability to work hours and shifts coordinated in advance with academic scheduling of the program. Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of the job the employee works in a manufacturing environment and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. This position needs to be able to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold, inside, outside) and at heights (on ladders, scissor lifts, booms).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 70 pounds and 30+ pounds on a routine basis. The employee is regularly required to work in confined spaces, under, over, or inside machines. The employee must wear all associated PPE (respirators, Tyvek suits, rubber / latex gloves, etc.). The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires compliance with ITAR requirement. Must be a “U.S. Person” (per ITAR 120.15) and are required to show proof substantiating this upon being hired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and/or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Company.
KIMBER MFG., INC.
Real EstateView all jobs at KIMBER MFG., INC.