CNC Applications Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Kimber Mfg., Inc. a rapidly growing and leading manufacturer of fine sporting firearms with locations in NY, NJ, MT and AL, has an immediate opening for an experienced CNC Applications Engineer based in our 1120 Saw Mill River Rd., Yonkers, NY location.
- Work within a team environment to develop, refine, document, and control manufacturing processes. The bulk of this work involves CNC machines and the associated relationships between process capabilities, material removal parameters, tooling and fixture requirements, and the Design for Manufacturability of complex components.
- Create CNC programs structured around 3D-model-centric computer aided manufacturing (CAM) principles; provide technical input to Manufacturing Engineering in support of process routing steps, operational print validation and tool/fixture design.
- Provide manufacturing floor support to correct processing issues and promote continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work within a team that specifies, evaluates, justifies and implements capital equipment projects throughout the plants and to continuously strive to evaluate technology as to its application at providing the most efficient process.
The successful candidate will possess at least 5 years minimum in the position or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Ten or more years of experience in a hands-on manufacturing process role, including experience with conventional and CNC machining processes such as milling (HMC & VMC), turning (Multi-axis), heat treating, gun drilling, grinding.
- Proven experience and proficiency in CNC programming (G-Code) for HMC, VMC & Multi-axis Lathes.
- Proven Experience and proficiency in CAD / CAM software (SolidWorks and Master CAM preferred).
- Proven experience in identifying tooling, along with the appropriate operating conditions (speeds & feeds), process steps and fixture requirements to machine product in a safe, quality focused, process controlled and cost effective manner.
- Experience in using 3D-model-centric computer aided manufacturing (CAM) principles and the associated techniques to analyze the CAD models as they relate to manufacturability. This includes utilizing the 3D-model to create tool-paths for CNC programming.
- Experience participating on lean and/or 6σ teams utilizing continuous improvement techniques (SPC, RCA, DMAIC, etc.)
- Demonstrated examples of successful cycle time/cost reduction efforts.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
Kimber offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
KIMBER MFG., INC.
TechnologyView all jobs at KIMBER MFG., INC.