Position: Cleaning & Sanitation Mechanic
Reports to: Chemical Compounding Department Manager
- Disassemble, inspect, clean & sanitize various compounding equipment such as air diaphragm pumps, electric positive displacement pumps, high shear mixers, powder dispersion equipment, colloid Mill, homogenizers, portable tanks, agitators and hoses.
- Perform periodic cleaning & sanitization of the ‘Clean Out of Place’ (COP) room & ensure proper operation of all COP room support systems.
- Report all excessively dirty, damaged or misused equipment to Compounding manager.
- Inspect every piece of equipment before & after cleaning for possible damage or missing parts, replace missing parts or notify compounding maintenance mechanic for equipment repair needs.
- Undergo cGMP, OSHA Haz Com, RCRA hazardous waste handling training
- Follow applicable SOPs and WIs, use required PPE and observe safe work practices at all times.
- Handle & document hazardous & non-hazardous waste generated during various cleaning processes.
- Minimize hazardous & non-hazardous waste during cleaning & sanitization by reusing & recycling cleaning chemicals where practical & isolate the waste streams into appropriate categories.
- Complete all required documentation for work performed & follow all established procedures.
- Maintain accurate record of all Alcohol used in the cleaning & sanitization process within COP room.
- Perform daily inspection of dirty and clean equipment storage areas and keep them organized.
- Help C&S and QA team with periodic sanitization of the COP room USP water supply system.
- Maintain good housekeeping in and around the COP room at all times.
- Operate forklift truck as certified driver as needed.
- Respond to and clean up incidental spills and leaks.
- Ability to read, write & understand English, basic arithmetic skills
- Must have experience working as mechanic or maintenance technician (proficiency test required).
- Good knowledge of various hand & power tools
- Prior experience of repair & maintenance of Air Diaphragm Pumps, electric Positive Displacement pumps, high shear mixers, powder dispersion equipment, Colloid Mill, homogenizes, portable tanks & agitators will be a plus.
- Must be trained on all relevant SOP’s within first 90 days of employment.
- Trained on Fork Lift truck operation
- Ability to safely lift & move heavy equipment
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- This person will spend most of their workday in the “Clean Out of Place (COP) room in wet environment.
- Person should be able to climb on extension ladders & be willing and able to move heavy mobile equipment.
- This person should be able to lift 20-50 lb weight as needed.
Persons Reporting To: None
Thank You for Your Interest in a Career with KIK Custom Products!
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.