You must live in Illinois and be able to commute to the job in Berkeley, IL.
Area of Accountability:
The Quality Management Systems Engineer is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects related to implementing and maintaining applicable systems required for the business to be registered to appropriate Quality Standards. The QMS position will lead and manage all internal and external audit programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Quality Systems necessary for continued registration to appropriate Quality Standards including internal and external auditing. Systems included but not limited to customer complaints, corrective and preventive actions, and document control.
- Plan, schedule and execute all internal audits.
- Work with all departments to maintain and update all QMS procedures, work instructions and other QMS documentation.
- Collaborate with quality management for all sites to facilitate and ensure company practices are consistent and compliant.
- Facilitate meetings to engage leadership on Quality System framework and initiatives.
- Create, maintain and utilize a Standard Work approach to perform tasks and produce deliverables needed to support teams, develop solutions and manage projects.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to meet project plans including timelines and budgets.
- Support quality metrics. Collect, maintain, trend, and analyze data.
- Implement and utilize tools to drive compliant and effective processes related to product conformance including applicable administration of ISO 9001:2015 compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent number of years of experience.
Five (5) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management, with five (5) years as a QE/QM in a medium-size manufacturing environment.
Experience working with global teams.
ISO 9001:2015 Lead auditor certified
- Possess a broad knowledge of functional areas impacted by Quality Systems
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
As required to KI Mexico, KI Asia, vendors and customers. Estimated at 5%.