Plastics Business Product Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why Work Here?: Our company has competitive wages, full benefits package, and excellent training and development opportunities.
Summary: The Plastics Business Product Manager (PBPM) oversees the business development, sales and marketing of the KHS Plastic product group. The PBPM is responsible for top and bottom line growth for the assigned product group. The PBPM is involved in direct sales as well as management of assigned sales personnel including corresponding product and administrative support. The PBPM is responsible for budget and sales targets and ensures the proper follow-up on all relevant sales administrative processes within the assigned product group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
• Executes comprehensive sales plans, both short and long range to promote sales and revenue objectives of KHS in the assigned product lines. Plans and executes activities to promote the sale of mainly equipment and occasionally conversions, spares, and services.
• Determine customer needs, recommends pricing and considers target margin; establishes sales territories, quotas, goals, and sales.
• Oversees activities of managers; directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop sales program.
• Meets with key clients, assisting Territory Managers with establishing and maintaining relationships by negotiating and closing deals. Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with Territory Managers.
• Represents Company at trade association meetings to promote product.
• Coordinates activities between sales and commercial functions; supports and approves prepared quotations.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of product group to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer base expansion.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet web sites, and other sources.
• Travels extensively through assigned territory and/or country to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone. Telephone and email interaction with customers to create or confirm appointments and follow-up accordingly.
• Explains technical aspects in depth of the Plastics product line. Works closely with Technical Sales and Administrative Support to expand market penetration for assigned product line.
• Reviews quotes and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Keeps expense account records.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers in Goldmine sales management data base.
• Based on the needs of the marketplace, develops strategic plans to grow the Plastics business in the US and Canada
• Works closely with KHS Corpoplast Product Center to successfully execute strategic plans
• Intensive use of KHS Quote Generating and Management Software ECOS / iCon.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
• Maintains an acceptable level of market penetration in assigned territory and/or country for the responsible product line.
• Meets or exceeds revenue objectives/annual sales budgets set for the assigned product group.
• Complies with all Company policies and procedures
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises sales, support and administrative personnel in the assigned Product Group. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The sales representative must be able to travel on public transportation including air travel. Approximately 50% overnight travel is required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university; ten years experience with direct sales of packaging machinery or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified Applicants, Please apply today!
KHS USA INC
BusinessView all jobs at KHS USA INC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?