GLASS HELPER - Washington DC, Baltimore and Northern Virginia
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
** Glass Helpers will be working on projects in the Northern Virginia, Baltimore, and Washington DC Metropolitan areas **
WHY WORK FOR KENSINGTON GLASS ARTS?
Kensington Glass Arts specializes in high-end interior glass work, typically for law firms and organizations with very upscale office interiors. The company is unique in that we manufacture and install architectural glass products. KGa single source capacity provides for a unique capability to control the destiny of our projects from beginning to end.
KGa offers stability, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package, and growth potential!!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, and a 401(k) plan. Kensington Glass Arts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
PAY STARTING AT $17.00/HOUR (based on experience)
The Glass Helper is responsible for assisting in the execution of the installation processes.
- Assist Glass Mechanic with all tasks relating to the installation processes. Assume responsibility for completed work of the team and adherence to schedules and quality standards.
- This role requires an attitude of ambitiousness and commitment to learning on the part of the Glass Helper.
- Adherence to KGa and Client’s established Safety Programs and Policies.
- Glass Helper will be OSHA 10 Certified.
- Learn glass handling and standard glazing techniques to effectively assist Glass Mechanic.
- Participate in appropriate communication with clients’ field personnel and representatives, and other trades.
- Review assigned projects with the Glass Mechanic to establish best installation methods and verify accuracy of scope of new work.
- Anticipate needs to complete installation, including materials, labor, and other resources to meet project deadlines.
- Communicate with Project Team to plan upcoming work, in-house fabrication, and job material requirements.
- Assist Glass Mechanic in maintaining adequate truck inventory of commonly used hardware and supplies.
- Responsible for truck and jobsite cleanliness.
- Responsible for following directions from Glass Mechanic. Anticipate how to assist Glass Mechanic to best execute installation.
- Follow efficient and established installation procedures according to pre-defined plan and schedule, as directed by Glass Mechanic.
- Familiarize self with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of the installation process.
- Be available to run errands as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee exerts up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Vision requirements include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less; clarity of vision at 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; the ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point; the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships; and the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Work is performed in a construction environment with frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and potentially extreme outdoor weather conditions. There is occasional exposure to loud sounds sufficient to cause distraction.
- This position requires frequent local travel to client sites and occasional out of town travel.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performance as well as the typical responsibilities of the job. The responsibilities described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between KGa and its employees.
#KensingtonGlassArts #KGa #KensingtonGlass #KGaGreat #NowHiringMaryland #NowHiringVirginia #Maryland #Virginia #MDJobs #MDJobSeekers #VirginiaJobs #MarylandJobs #Glazier #GlazierLife #GlazierNation #GlaziersPride #GlassTempering #GlassBusiness #GlassJob #NowHiringConstruction #Construction #ConstructionCareers #ConstructionLife #ConstructionWork #ConstructionWorker #ConstructionCompany #ConstructionJobs #TemperedGlass #LaminatedGlass #manufacturing #industrial #production #machineoperator
KENSINGTON GLASS ARTS
ConstructionView all jobs at KENSINGTON GLASS ARTS