FIELD SUPERINTENDENT - Maryland, Washington DC and Northern VA
- Expired: July 29, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
** Field Superintendent will be working on projects in the Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington DC Metropolitan areas **
WHY WORK FOR KENSINGTON GLASS ARTS?
Kensington Glass Arts specializes in high-end interior glass work, typically for law firms and organizations with very upscale office interiors. The company is unique in that we manufacture and install architectural glass products. KGa single source capacity provides for a unique capability to control the destiny of our projects from beginning to end.
KGa offers stability, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package, and growth potential!!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, and a 401(k) plan. Kensington Glass Arts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Field Superintendent is responsible for maintaining the quality of field work and the efficiency of the field staff. This requires maintaining quality control of all KGa field installations, interacting with Project Management, and being fully informed about current and upcoming projects and related requirements to support field staff and facilitate their progress. The Field Superintendent is responsible for creating and maintaining systems of accountability within the field installation teams.
- Oversight of all field staff and Quality Control.
- Represent KGa on jobsites and in interactions with clients’ field staff.
- Responsible for mentoring and staff development of Glass Mechanics and Glass Helpers and creating highly functional and interactive team.
- Field Superintendent will be OSHA 30 certified.
- Visit all KGa jobsites regularly to ensure that field staff is working consistently and professionally.
- Review installation procedures and implement changes as required.
- Review all completed projects for adherence to desired quality standards of workmanship.
- Coordinate staff and assign work to field installation teams as required.
- Assume responsibility for management of limited number of projects.
- Tracking progress of field teams and assist in implementation of project schedules.
- Assist Project Manager with adherence to project schedules and act as a resource to reduce confusion in the field.
- Project and track assets to complete required output including materials, labor, and other resources.
- Provide input to Project Managers regarding hiring and firing decisions of Field Staff.
- Oversight responsibility for adherence to KGa policies and recordkeeping requirements for field teams.
- Organize and maintain system of regular 1:1 interactions and formal and informal meetings with all field staff.
- Represent KGa to customers in the field in a sales and customer service capacity.
- Attend progress meetings and make labor commitments as required.
- Assume responsibility for all training of field staff. Create and maintain systems to implement informal training process in the field.
- Monitor the field staff and manage performance concerns. Design and track specific performance measures for installation staff.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee exerts up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Vision requirements include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less; clarity of vision at 20 feet or more; ability to identify and distinguish colors; the ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point; the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships; and the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Work is performed in a construction environment with frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and potentially extreme outdoor weather conditions. There is occasional exposure to loud sounds sufficient enough to cause distraction.
- This position requires frequent local travel to client sites and occasional out of town travel.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performance as well as the typical responsibilities of the job. The responsibilities described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between KGa and its employees.
#KensingtonGlassArts #KGa #KensingtonGlass #KGaGreat #NowHiringMaryland #NowHiringVirginia #Maryland #Virginia #MDJobs #MDJobSeekers #VirginiaJobs #MarylandJobs #Glazier #GlazierLife #GlazierNation #GlaziersPride #GlassTempering #GlassBusiness #GlassJob #NowHiringConstruction #Construction #ConstructionCareers #ConstructionLife #ConstructionWork #ConstructionWorker #ConstructionCompany #ConstructionJobs #TemperedGlass #LaminatedGlass #manufacturing #industrial #production #machineoperator
KENSINGTON GLASS ARTS
BusinessView all jobs at KENSINGTON GLASS ARTS