Data Analyst/Functional Analyst
KEN Consulting Inc., a data science company located in the Baltimore–Washington D.C. Metropolitan area, is seeking a Data Analyst/Functional Analyst to assist in the sorting, querying, merging, reconciling and manipulation of large, multi-table databases for an upcoming contract with the federal government.
· Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent.
· Four (4) years of experience in related technical fields may be substituted in lieu of the degree.
· Serve as a programming and database technical expert.
· Transfer of large volumes of data into the company’s actuarial valuation, benefit administration and payment databases and for the consistency of the data between various databases.
· Provide expert technical advice and guidance to the staff that administers and operates the tools and modules for loading data into Office of Benefits Administration (OBA) corporate databases and related systems.
· Develop procedures and software tools for ensuring consistency between the company’s various databases and repositories and the integration of that data into the OBA business process.
· Perform maintenance on OBA tools which are designed with desktop software including Microsoft Office
· Perform testing of actuarial, benefits administration or other case processing systems.
· Provide formal and informal training to OBA staff on use of case processing systems.
· Assist with identifying, collecting, processing, and analyzing large volumes of data to build and enhance products, processes, and systems.
· Perform moderate to complex data/information manipulation work in a team environment to solve problems, and ensure deadlines are met.
· Responds to various ad hoc requests as assigned requiring data selected from OBA and or corporate databases to enable the company to respond to inquiries.
· Communicate accurately, understandably and minimize subsequent request for clarification or the required involvement of other staff.
· At least four (4) years of demonstrated experience supporting functional projects including analysis and the use of software, programming/scripting languages, data/records management, conversions and technical applications.
· Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office (2013 or higher) enterprise desktop applications
· Communicate effectively and accurately in the English language with all levels of personnel both written and orally.
· Five (5) years of progressive experience with enterprise desktop database programs and query tools such as Microsoft Access to perform sorting, querying, merging, reconciling and manipulation of large, multi-table databases.
· Four (4) years of experience programming using SQL and Oracle tools.
· Four (4) years of experience with spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel (2013 or higher) to perform merges, sorting, importing, exporting, parsing, and formatting.
· Three (3) years of experience programming using Extract Transfer and load (ETL) tools.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex processes, functions and procedures that may impact operations and workflow activities and translate into database requirements.
· Intermediate knowledge of database structures, relational databases, current query languages, data analysis and object-oriented programming.
Salary/rate and Benefits: Based on education and years of experience.
Interested individuals should contact or send resume to the following:
KEN Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.