Senior Enterprise Architect
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Opportunity: Senior Enterprise Architect
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Architect. You will interface directly with government stakeholders to provide solutions engineering, trade-off analysis, and feasibility assessments for a wide variety of cloud-based projects, providing collective experience from across the customer base. You are accountable for planning and working with the Engineering team to analyze, define and engage a comprehensive cloud platform hosting roadmap, including relevant performance measures, addressing issues and challenges, future plans for change and opportunities for improvements. You will examine enterprise level usage characteristics for potential systems and propose alternatives that meet requirements. You will assist in creating test systems in cloud infrastructure. You will draw upon your experience with commercial cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure) to facilitate strategies and roadmaps. You will interview stakeholders, document requirements, and create architectural artifacts and describe the platform roadmap with IT functions and business units. Further, the role acts as a liaison and partner within the Solution Management Team, participating in operational meetings, project delivery, and other forums where Cloud Platform representation is required.
- Must possess a current/active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of IT implementation experience
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Three plus (3+) years Systems Architecture experience using SysML Architecture tools (e.g., UNICOM Systems Architect, MagicDraw, IBM Rhapsody, etc.)
- Experienced with The Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Demonstrated experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Hands-on experience developing the solution management and development of technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization
- Government systems engineering lifecycle (SELC) experience
- Three plus (3+) years integration of cloud services with on premise technologies (e.g. AWS, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, etc.)
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies
- Recognizable IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Strong written, design, and verbal communication skills
- **Position may also sit in Rockville, Maryland**
- Certified Cloud Architect (AWS/Azure)
- Familiarity with ZeroTrust concepts as well ITIL
- Certified Systems Architect (EACOE, FEAC, etc.)
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Conversant with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Broad understanding of cyber security technologies and how they fit in large scale enterprises is preferred
- Past experience working as a consultant with government customers is welcomed
- Ideal Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training/certification, or work/military experience. Armed Services technical personnel are highly welcomed. Amazon and Microsoft Cloud certifications are highly welcomed
Get fresh Remote Enterprise Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.