Transportation Design Engineer
KEITH Orlando, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
KEITH is a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm looking for a self-motivated and experienced Highway Design Engineer to join our team in our Orlando, FL office. At KEITH you will have the ability to grow to your max potential. We are looking for positive hardworking individuals to fit the energetic cultural. The successful candidate must have FDOT design experience and will need to have the knowledge of fundamental engineering processes required to carry-out the concurrent planning, design, production and construction of our engineering projects. Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to produce technically complex design plans and reports is a must
- Developing detailed designs.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Acquires basic knowledge and develops skills in a specific practice area.
- Applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Exercises limited judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work.
- Performs basic design tasks.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with technicians or administrative staff.
- Receives close supervision on unusual or difficult problems, and general review of all aspects of work.
- Interacts with staff, general public, officials, and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program preferred
- Must have 2+ years’ experience with Microstation
- Must have 2+ years of FDOT design experience
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Bluebeam
- Capable of roadway plans production
- Ability to multi-task under rigid deadlines
- Independent personality, pro-active, enthusiastic, self-starter with a good attitude who pays attention to details and is willing to work in a supportive, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential, as is the ability to work with clients and colleagues at all levels
Compensation is based upon experience.
Powered by JazzHR