KEAR Civil Corporation is seeking to add an Estimator/Project Manager to our industrial construction team working out of our Danbury, CT office location. Project types focused in our industrial team include: water and waste water treatment facilities and aviation fueling and fuel farms.
The Estimator/Project Manager is responsible for to assist in seeking and reviewing upcoming project opportunities and producing comprehensive estimates for projects bidding. The Estimator/Project Manager will evaluate drawings and bid specifications to determine project requirements and estimate costs to achieve profitability goals for the company. During construction phase the Estimator/Project Manager will provide assistance and oversight to the project team.
- Defines work scope, solicits and selects subcontractors
- Proficient in quantity takeoffs
- Proficient in organizing and assembling estimates
- Successful in bidding projects, organizing scopes of work, and identifying gaps/overlaps.
- Proficient in conceptual estimating through the CM Process (Program, Schematic, DD, CD, etc) working with architects and engineers in design, successful in managing the construction budget
- Understands means and methods of construction. Knows the different labor & equipment productivity rates of these items
- Understands CPM Scheduling and can translate into construction budget
- Clearly communicates with Subcontractors & Vendors scheduling expectations
- Proficient in presenting estimates to an owner
- Participates in hand-off & review meetings and tracks estimate/budget vs. actual costs through construction
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
Job Requirements (minimum qualifications):
- B.S. degree in engineering or construction management or five years of direct experience
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid is preferred
- Experience with P6 or similar scheduling software
- The ability to effectively communicate in both the written and spoken word
- An understanding of construction means and methods
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry
- Flexible, well organized, detail oriented and multi-tasking skills are required
- Exhibit team and leadership skills and abilities
- Mechanical & field experience a plus
- Willingness to travel (as needed)
About KEAR Civil Corporation:
KEAR Civil Corporation is an Arizona based general civil and industrial contractor specializing in providing its clients with a multitude of integrated services, with a professional and straight forward approach. Incorporated in 2001, KEAR Civil and its team have completed numerous projects in various markets of the civil and industrial construction arena.
Currently Our Services Include:
- Fuel Facility Construction Services and Maintenance
- Aviation Fueling Facility Upgrades, Modifications and New Construction
- Water / Wastewater Facility Upgrades, Modifications and New Construction
- Mechanical and Industrial Piping Systems
- Underground Utilities (wet & dry) for site development and infrastructure
- Mass Grading, Earthwork and Excavation
- Pre-construction Services for Design Build & CM@Risk Projects
Our Guiding Values:
- To provide for our people a safe and rewarding environment in which to work and to remain committed to the highest levels of safety, quality, professionalism and integrity.
- We will continually seek ways to achieve greater safety, productivity, consistency of quality and improved communications.
- Our people are our highest value. When they succeed, our clients are satisfied. We believe all people should be treated fairly, honestly and with respect.
KEAR Civil Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
KEAR Civil Corporation has a well-established reputation for aviation fueling facility construction and maintenance services. We maintain the qualifications necessary to self perform a wide range of petroleum construction and maintenance services in various market segments. Our clients range from small private fueling facilities to large international airports and government installations.
KEAR Civil CorporationKEAR Civil Corporation provides new construction, maintenance, and facility expansion construction services for Commercial, Government and Private Fueling Facilities. KEAR's nationwide services range from basic maintenance and equipment replacement to ground-up new facility construction. KEAR has a highly experienced team, with a proven track record of satisfied clients, ready to tackle any project challenges, from budgetary pricing, design review, scheduling, and project coordination to complete project construction. KEAR Civil Corporation has a well-established reputation for aviation fueling facility construction and maintenance services. We maintain the qualifications necessary to self perform a wide range of petroleum construction and maintenance services in various market segments. Our clients range from small private fueling facilities to large international airports and government installations.