Summer Day Camp Group Leader
- Posted: over a month ago
KE Camps is the leading provider of summer camps for country clubs nationwide. We partner with over 200 private clubs all over the country to implement traditional-style day camps for elementary-aged children. Our Staff are the backbone of our programs and therefore, we pride ourselves on giving them an incredible amount of support. As a staff member we guarantee you will feel a part of the KE Camps Team!
As a Group Leader, you will be an active participant in all camp activities and will assist your Camp Director with a variety of daily tasks, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience for your campers. Each Group Leader plans programming for and oversees a particular age group of campers, interacting with their group throughout the entire day, helping them make friends, try new things, and generally caring for their well-being. The role of a Group Leader is to participate, build relationships and have fun while ensuring the physical and emotional safety of every child.
Group Leader Qualities
- Ability to help children grow in character, experiences and insights
- Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
- Capable of sustaining energy for participation in a full day's worth of activities
- Prior experience working with children
- Ability to successfully plan, prepare for and structure weekly activities for varying age groups
- Training and experience in teaching at least one year
- Ability to lead a group of children
- Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Consistent, Level-Headed, Flexible, and Calm in all situations
- CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins
Group Leader Responsibilities
- Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
- Work with fellow counselors and Camp Director
- Greet families and campers upon arrival and orientate them to camp
- Plan and submit the daily camp schedule and lead activities for your assigned age group
- Support Camp Director in establishing rules and emergency procedures with campers
- Participate in all camp activities
- Supervise daily swim time in a hands-on manner from within the water (lifeguard certification not required)
- Help out where needed when asked to by the Camp Director
- Complete other duties, as assigned
Our camp is located at The Club at New Seabury in Mashpee, MA. Camp will run Monday-Friday from June 26 through August 11 - staff members must be available to work the full camp season.
Find out more at www.kecamps.com!
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at KE Camps
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?