Summer Day Camp Director
- Posted: over a month ago
KE Camps is the leading provider of summer camps for country clubs nationwide. We partner with over 200 private clubs all over the country to implement traditional-style day camps for elementary-aged children. Our Staff are the backbone of our programs and therefore, we pride ourselves on giving them an incredible amount of support. As a staff member, we guarantee you will feel a part of the KE Camps Team!
As a Camp Director, you will be the go-to person for all things camp at your specific country club location. Your job will include many responsibilities, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience for your campers. Our Camp Directors have real ownership over their camp programs and enjoy infusing their own creativity and talents into their weekly schedules. As you manage campers, their families, club logistics, your small staff team and other camp happenings, you will be truly supported by the KE Camps Year-Round Office all the way.
Camp Director Qualities
- Ability to help children grow in character, experiences and insights
- Knowledge and expertise in the area of program planning
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
- Capable of sustaining energy for participation in a full day's worth of activities
- Ability to make decisions and adjust plans in real-time
- Prior experience working with children in a leadership position
- Effective communication skills and public speaking ability
- Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Consistent, Level-Headed, Flexible, and Calm in all situations
- CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins
Camp Director Responsibilities
- Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
- Supervise daily swim time in a hands-on manner from within the water, as needed (lifeguard certification not required)
- Work with and supervise counselors in a supportive manner
- Assign counselors to specific tasks and manage their performance
- Greet families and campers upon arrival and orientate them to camp
- Establish rules with campers and staff and review emergency procedures
- Manage parent expectations by knowing your campers and conversing with parents at pick-up and drop-off times
- Plan daily camp schedule and activities
- Shop for camp supplies, staying within supply budget provided by KE Camps
- Prepare activities in advance
- Manage any issues that may arise including, but not limited to, camper behavior issues, parent complaints, etc.
- Check in with the KE Camps Office to update them on your camp and any issues you may be encountering
- Complete other duties, as assigned
Our camp is located at The Haven Country Club in Boylston, MA. Camp will run Monday-Friday from June 26 through August 18 - staff members must be available to work the full camp season.
Find out more at www.kecamps.com!
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at KE Camps
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?