Summer Day Camp Counselor & Tennis Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
KE Camps is the leading provider of summer camps for country clubs nationwide. We partner with over 200 private clubs all over the country to implement traditional-style day camps for elementary-aged children. Our Staff are the backbone of our programs and therefore, we pride ourselves on giving them an incredible amount of support. As a staff member, we guarantee you will feel a part of the KE Camps Team!
As a Camp Counselor & Tennis Specialist, you will be an active participant in all camp activities and will assist your Camp Director with a variety of daily tasks, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience for your campers. You will be directly responsible for implementing weekly Tennis activities, in coordination with your Camp Director, as well as assisting with all camp activities when not leading your specific Tennis program. Our Counselors and Specialists interact with our campers throughout the entire day, helping them make friends, try new things, and generally caring for their well-being. The role of a Counselor and Specialist is to participate, build relationships and have fun while ensuring the physical and emotional safety of every child.
Camp Counselor & Specialist Qualities
- Ability to help children grow in character, experiences and insights
- Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
- Capable of sustaining energy for participation in a full day's worth of activities
- Prior experience working with children
- Ability to successfully plan, prepare for and structure weekly Tennis activities
- Training and experience in teaching at least one year in Tennis-related programming
- Ability to lead a group of children
- Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Consistent, Level-Headed, Flexible, and Calm in all situations
- CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins
Camp Counselor & Specialist Responsibilities
- Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
- Cooperate with fellow counselors and Camp Director
- Greet families and campers upon arrival
- Support Camp Director in establishing rules and emergency procedures with campers
- Participate in all camp activities
- Supervise daily swim time in a hands-on manner from within the water (lifeguard certification not required)
- Help out where needed and lead activities when asked to by the Camp Director
- Develop and deliver a specialty program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers
- Plan 1-5 activity periods per week relating to your specialty lasting for 30-60 minutes in length
- Write activity plans that meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers
- Provide list of supplies/equipment needed to your Camp Director at least one week in advance of the lesson(s)
- Coordinate lesson time with the Camp Director at least one week in advance and submit activity plans to both Camp Director and the KE Camps office by the Sunday prior to the camp week
- Complete other duties, as assigned
Our camp is located at The Haven Country Club in Boylston, MA. Camp will run Monday-Friday from June 26 through August 18 - staff members must be available to work the full camp season.
Find out more at www.kecamps.com!
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at KE Camps
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?