Summer Day Camp Assistant Director
- Posted: over a month ago
KE Camps is the leading provider of summer camps for country clubs nationwide. We partner with over 200 private clubs all over the country to implement traditional-style day camps for elementary-aged children. Our Staff are the backbone of our programs and therefore, we pride ourselves on giving them an incredible amount of support. As a staff member, we guarantee you will feel a part of the KE Camps Team!
As an Assistant Director, you will be an active participant in all camp activities and will assist your Camp Director with a variety of daily tasks, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience for your campers. Our Assistant Director supports the Camp Director in the execution of the camp program and completes all necessary paperwork, all the while interacting with our campers throughout the entire day. As you assist with the management of campers, their families, club logistics, your small staff team and other camp happenings, you will be truly supported by the KE Camps Year-Round Office all the way.
Assistant Director Qualities
- Ability to help children grow in character, experiences and insights
- Knowledge in the area of program planning
- Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
- Capable of sustaining energy for participation in a full day's worth of activities
- Prior experience working with children in a leadership position
- Effective communication skills and public speaking ability
- Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Consistent, Level-Headed, Flexible, and Calm in all situations
- CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins
Assistant Director Responsibilities
- Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
- Supervise daily swim time in a hands-on manner from within the water, as needed (lifeguard certification not required)
- Work with, and assist in the supervision of, counselors in a supportive manner
- Assist Director in program planning, camper management and day-to-day camp logistics
- Complete and submit daily and weekly administrative tasks electronically
- Greet families and campers upon arrival and help orientate them to camp
- Establish rules with campers and staff and review emergency procedures
- Manage parent expectations by knowing your campers and conversing with parents at pick-up and drop-off times
- Assist Director in managing any non-staff issues that may arise including, but not limited to, camper behavior issues, parent complains, etc.
- Complete other duties, as assigned
Our camp is located at Lake Valhalla Club in Montville, NJ. Camp will run Monday-Friday from June 26 through August 11 - staff members must be available to work the full camp season.
Find out more at www.kecamps.com!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?