Construction Service & Maintenance Technician (NIGHTS)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Service Technician responds to a high volume of repair and maintenance service work orders ranging from small handyman type repairs to medium commercial renovation projects. The Service Technician has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have a variety of construction skillsets including but not limited to basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, and drywall. The Service Technician must be focused on delivering a positive experience to the customer, as well as always focused on continual improvement for the customer experience and satisfaction.
KDC Construction serves well-known customers having multiple store locations and provides a great diversity of work. Ground-up, new build, tenant improvement, store remodel, multi-site/similar scope roll-out, and re-image projects in the following categories:
- Big box retail
- Quick service restaurants
- Full service restaurants
- Fuel station/convenience store
- Grocery Stores
- Services work orders at various customer locations.
- Performs requested minor equipment and building repairs.
- Responds to Priority 1 emergency safety concern requests for employees or customers, health department shut-down, city official shut-down or substantial impact on sales.
- Responsible for daily updates which detail store visits, times on-site, and any other changes which affect schedule.
- Documents daily work activity, properly photographs existing job site conditions/work completion, and responds to management team inquiries.
- Assists with updating facility records at store level by submitting all completed paperwork as required.
- Maintains personal tool inventory.
- Responsible for Vehicle Maintenance and Parts Inventory.
- Inspects and troubleshoots systems for the purpose of identifying necessary repairs.
- Travels to different work sites to complete required tasks and projects.
- Ensures proper safety rules, regulations, and incident reporting are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must have flexible schedule and be willing to work some nights and weekends, as needed.
- General trade or Handyman experience with basis electrical, plumbing, carpentry, flooring, and drywall.
- Possess vehicle and tools required to perform job functions.
- Ability to interact with a diverse customer roster.
- Carefully considers cost/benefits.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and works independently.
- Able to deliver a positive experience to the customer.
- Follows all Company and customer policies and procedures.
- Has passion, energy, persistence, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Proficient with computers and familiar with Microsoft Software Suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain appropriate state driver license prior to employment, along with a clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
KDC offers competitive salary/hourly range - reflective of candidate's experience.
Cirks Construction Inc. (CCI) dba KDC Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees:
- Medical insurance
- Dental HMO and PPO insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
KDC Service & Maintenance
Established in 2007, KDC Service & Maintenance is a growing division of Cirks Construction Inc. KDC Service & Maintenance provides more than 20 national retail customer brands with facilities maintenance services in more than 2,000 locations. KDC Service & Maintenance can manage any customer store portfolio, from several store count to several hundred.