Construction Carpenter/Skilled Labor
KDC Construction Long Beach, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cirks Construction Inc. (CCI), dba KDC Construction, offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees:
- Medical insurance
- Dental HMO and PPO insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
KDC Construction is seeking a Construction Carpenter/Skilled Laborer for its Northern California region. The company serves well-known customers having multiple store locations and providing great diversity of work. This position will provide long term stability for the right individual.
KDC Construction serves well-known customers having multiple store locations and provides a great diversity of work. Ground-up, new build, tenant improvement, store remodel, multi-site/similar scope roll-out, and re-image projects in the following categories:
- Big box retail
- Quick service restaurants
- Full service restaurants
- Fuel station/convenience store
- Grocery Stores
The Construction Carpenter/Skilled Laborer performs work in the major technical trades. This position will perform tasks involving physical labor for construction projects, including ground-up, remodels, retrofits and repairs to interior and exterior structures. This position may operate hand and power tools. This position will also be responsible to clean and prepare job sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavation, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste water. The specific on-site tasks are related to the needs and duties of each project.
- Performs technical tasks in trades including plumbing, electrical, concrete, flooring and roofing, painting, framing, drywall, and finishing skills for doors, windows and cabinetry.
- Installs fixtures including windows, roofing, floorings, trim, tile, ceiling tile, hardware, HVAC and Switchbox.
- Performs framing tasks including wood/metal, drywall, fiberglass reinforced plastic and T-Bar.
- Operates and maintains tools and equipment including and not limited to: drills, saws, nail gun, hammers and shovels.
- Responsible to handle tasks involving physical labor, as needed.
- Travels to different work sites to complete required tasks and projects. Projects may require response to 24/7 emergency coverage.
- Maintains a clean job site to eliminate possible hazards.
- Ensures proper safety rules, regulations and incident reporting are followed.
- Organizes building material; loads and unloads trucks.
- Responsible to assist other workers on construction and preconstruction assignments.
- Reads instructions, specifications or plans to determine work activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and general trade experience preferred in the major trades: plumbing, electrical, concrete, flooring and roofing, painting, framing, drywall, and finishing skills for doors, windows and cabinetry.
- Possess tools required to perform job function.
- Organized and dependable team player with strong communication skills.
- Professional and results driven.
- Friendly and positive attitude towards change.
- Able to identify a need, remove the barriers and has the know how to make things happen.
- Values diversity of ideas, opinions and people. Has good common sense and applied logic.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain appropriate state driver license prior to employment, along with a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
From original plans through completion, KDC Construction provides dedicated service in estimating, pre-construction, scheduling, budgeting, procurement, warehousing, and field management. We have the unique capability to self-perform fast track projects with contractor licenses in General Building, General Engineering, Mechanical, and Plumbing; employing expert craftsmen from numerous trades.
KDC ConstructionWhy Work Here?
KDC Construction is committed to exceeding customer expectations with a reputation for delivering the highest quality results.
Founded in 1996, KDC Construction offers commercial construction services in California and neighboring states in various market segments. Our diverse team of professional project managers and superintendents brings extensive knowledge and leadership to each project while exceeding customer expectations. KDC has longstanding relationships with pre-qualified subcontractors and suppliers from wide-ranging disciplines. From original plans through completion, KDC Construction provides dedicated service in estimating, pre-construction, scheduling, budgeting, procurement, warehousing, and field management. We have the unique capability to self-perform fast track projects with contractor licenses in General Building, General Engineering, Mechanical, and Plumbing; employing expert craftsmen from numerous trades.
AddressLong Beach, CA